WebGL Unity Client Engineer [Remote]
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is looking for a passionate top-class Unity engineer who can help bring their vision into reality. If you know all the details of how Unity works, believe 3D rendering technology will play a critical role in the metaverse experience in the next decade, and want to seize the opportunity of building what could possibly become one of the largest crypto-centric metaverse platforms in the world, they look forward to hearing from you!
What they look for in you:
- 7+ years developing in Unity and 3+ years developing in Unity WebGL
- Clear understanding of how to optimize Unity WebGL applications
- Good knowledge of how backend systems work and how client and server should be designed from an anti-abuse perspective
- Extensive experience shipping consumer-facing applications
- Meticulousness in the code you produce, including how you measure success of each commit
- Excellent communication skills that enable you explain what your code change means to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion in building an open metaverse platform that onboards millions of web2 users to web3!
Bonus point if:
- You’re familiar with the crypto ecosystem (DeFi, NFTs, identity, staking, or more).
- You've worked in a startup environment.
- You speak and write in Korean.
What you will be doing:
Work closely with CTO, VP of Engineering, designers, game producers, and engineers to implement our open world metaverse experiences.
Develop social interaction capabilities in the metaverse by integrating chat SDK integrations as well as implementing avatar-to-avatar interactions.
Integrate blockchain smart contracts in the metaverse to enable item purchase experience and more.
Collaborate closely with in-house game developers to implement world game logic.
Interact with UX designers to help implement user-facing avatar, item, and land customization tools.
Participate in art quality discussions and advise artistic fidelity feasibility.
Partner with SRE to ensure smooth deployment of WebGL-based Unity applications in production.
Define general Unity client development processes along with other engineers.
Research and prototype new and upcoming metaverse technologies.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.Register to Apply
Please let Braintrust know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg