About the Company:
Shardeum is a sharded EVM-based L1 smart contract platform with a mission to enable decentralization for everyone. Currently, decentralized applications are limited by rising gas fees and long transaction queues as a result of blockchains that can’t scale. Our team envisions a world where decentralized applications are adopted globally, enabling a more equitable society with less power put in the hands of a few centralized entities.
To accelerate the adoption of dApps Shardeum is building the most advanced iteration of a state sharded smart contract platform. Dynamic state sharding enables Shardeum to increase TPS with each node added to the network. We are obsessed with making the vision for a decentralized future a reality and seek individuals who share the same passion. The Shardeum Foundation is a small but highly experienced team distributed globally who have worked with NASA, Yahoo, Raytheon, Zynga, Microsoft, Ethereum Foundation, PayPal, etc.
Shardeum is looking for a world-class DevOps Engineer. This would be the first dedicated DevOps engineer on the Shardeum engineering team, and fundamental to our success in building out a word-class technology & team. We are looking for candidates that are primarily in US time zones.
An opportunity to:
- Work with a well funded web 3 startup and have upside in the growth of the project
- Learn and partner with founders who have built companies with 10M+ users, been listed on Forbes 30 under 30 and worked at organizations such as WazirX, NASA, Yahoo, Raytheon and Zynga
- Build and scale a best-in-class DevOps function
- Design and implement the DevOps architecture and automation solutions including but not limited to infrastructure security, automated provisioning, CI/CD pipeline
- Drive for results with continuous improvements on technical skills, architectural thinking and communication efficiency
- At least 5+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer (or equivalent role) working on large-scale projects and architecture
- Familiarity with the core concepts of cloud deployments in AWS, Node.js package management, Dockers and Gitlab automation
- Lead planning, testing, implementation, and management to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and stable deployments across our development, testing and production networks
- In-depth experience supporting Linux servers in large environments with over 500 servers, preferably in highly secure and highly available 24/7 environments
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch to automate infrastructure provisioning and deploying applications
- Manage and monitor cloud servers across multiple global hosting services and data centers
- Experience with common system administration scripting languages such as bash
- Knowledge of common OS and application level settings to optimize system performance
- Deep troubleshooting expertise to quickly identify server, network, and application issues to remediate issues
- Works in US Time Zones
What will make you stand out:
- 2+ years of in-house experience within web3/crypto/layer 1 blockchain (or strong interest in the space)
- Familiarity with our tech stack: Node.js, TypeScript, and SQL
- Experience working in a fast paced Startup environment
We are building the infrastructure for Web 3.0. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride but promises to be fun!
About the Founders:
Nischal Shetty: Founder of WazirX, India’s largest crypto exchange with over 10M users and $45B+ trading volume. Prior to WazirX, he built and scaled a social media product called Crowdfire to over 20M users. Previously featured in the Forbes India 30 under 30 list, he is a blockchain evangelist and one of the most notable proponents of crypto in India.
Omar Syed: Omar is a blockchain architect with over 30 years of experience in helping organizations such as NASA, Yahoo, Zynga build fault-tolerant, distributed systems. Omar holds a B.S. and M.S. from Case Western Reserve University with specialization in Artificial Intelligence.Register to Apply
Please let Shardeum Foundation know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg