Upshot is the preeminent company providing appraisal services for NFTs and unique digital assets. Leveraging cutting-edge machine learning models, Upshot produces accurate, real-time appraisals for almost any NFT. Our products create a broad new frontier for NFT markets, enabling an entirely new class of financial primitives.
We are a team of crypto-natives and ML experts, with deep experience working on some of the leading projects in Web3, and backed by the foremost funds and angels in crypto. At Upshot, we are committed to nurturing top talent looking to make an impact at the forefront of this new frontier.
We're looking for a Technical Lead in the AMER or EMEA Region to join our rapidly growing company. This person will play the leading role in ensuring our API, analytics platform, and other services are always operating successfully. She or he will lead our engineering divisions to create secure smart contract protocols, backend services, and frontend experience for our web-based NFT Application
The Technical Lead will have ownership over the implementation, testing, and deployment of data-intensive analytical products that will help steer the future of the system. She or he will lead operational excellence, ensuring the solutions we develop deliver value and improve the quality of the software. Will have razor-sharp instincts and love to collaborate with a similarly talented team. This role requires excellent analytical skills and attention to detail when it comes to hard engineering problems that force one to cut through ambiguity and establish creative solutions. Our team believes in everyone being driven enough to not need hand holding throughout the day; this can translate directly into a low meeting volume with minimal interruptions when desired or a stream of breakout sessions with like-minded colleagues. The ideal candidate will be a committed agile leader and mentor that isn’t afraid to jump in when the team needs it. If you have an ownership mentality and like to invent, this is the team for you.
Our Tech Stack: NestJS, Node, TypeScript, Redis, Ethers.js , Postgres, Sequelize, Docker, Kafka, Redux, SWR, Wagmi, Styled Components, S3, Atlassian, Solidity, Figma
- Own the vision, roadmaps, prioritizations, and technical architecture
- Be hands-on. “Jump in” when necessary and participate actively in the code review
- Understand future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Work with different stakeholders to achieve the business goal
- Delegate work and assignments to team members
- Guide the team to successful execution of the development process
- Guide the team through technical issues and challenges
- Contribute cross-stack and learn a wide variety of skills and technologies
- Help shape the company's engineering team and keep high engineering standards
- Cross-functional partnerships, ensuring we are building world-class products
- Create end goals for the team
- 6+ years of experience in technical roles, (frontend, backend, devops, smart contract)
- 3+ years of dedicated backend development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team
- Strong knowledge of system design, software architecture and cloud computing
- Experience building a data warehouse from the ground up and a deep understanding of data storage, architecture, and analysis
- Passion for Blockchain technologies and NFTs
- Deep understanding of Ethereum and other blockchain technology, smart contracts, DeFi 2.0, DAOs
- Proficiency in one or more major blockchain development languages such as Go, Solidity, Python.
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, with the ability to tailor messaging to a wide audience at differing levels of technical sophistication
- Strong collaboration skills working with and managing cross disciplinary teams
- Ability to function under pressure
- Ability to have four minimum hours of overlap with US-based timezones
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering related field
- Experience building and releasing production-grade smart contracts to complex smart contract systems
- Considerable remote work leadership experience
- Frontend or frontend focused full stack experience
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Participation in the blockchain development community and contributing source code
- Knowledge of security best practices regarding the blockchain and cloud architecture
- Desire to immerse themselves in the world of blockchain, and attend crypto conferences to represent the company to the crypto development community
- Prior experience building and scaling consumer-facing applications
- Knowledge of the latest technical innovations and business trends in the Web3 industry
- Experience building full stack crypto applications at scale that integrate with web3 APIs, smart contracts and node infrastructure
- experience in an early startup (Seed ~ Series A)
- Prior experience scaling infrastructure and building public facing APIs used in a production setting to serve at least 4 orders of magnitude of requests per day
Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let Upshot know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg