Staff Platform Security Engineer
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto. Gemini is a security-focused crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn a constantly growing number of cryptocurrencies. Crypto is about giving greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure.
As a New York trust company, Gemini is uniquely subject to the capital reserve requirements, security, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and New York Banking Law. At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations and/or from home.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Gemini’s very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Staff Platform Security Engineer
The Platform Security team secures Gemini’s infrastructure through service hardening and by developing and supporting a suite of foundational tools. We provide secure-by-default infrastructure, consumable security services, and expert consultation to engineering teams for secure cloud and non-cloud infrastructure.
The Platform Security team covers a broad problem space that includes all areas of Gemini’s platform infrastructure. In the past, this team has focused specifically on cloud security and we continue to invest heavily in this area. This role will bring additional depth and specialization in non-cloud infrastructure, containerization, and container orchestration security. We also value expertise in neighboring areas of infrastructure and platform security engineering including: PKI, core cryptography, identity management, network security, etc.
- Design, deploy, and maintain services/platforms for security and engineering teams
- Build and improve security controls and capabilities at all layers of infrastructure
- Partner with engineering teams on security architecture and implementation decisions
- Collaborate with appsec, threat detection, incident response, GRC and similar security functions to identify, understand, and reduce security risk
- Significant experience with container orchestration technologies and relevant security considerations. We often use Kubernetes and EKS.
- Experience in SRE, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- Experience with distributed systems or cloud computing. We often use AWS.
- Significant software development experience. We often use Python or Go.
- Experience building and owning high-availability critical systems or cloud-based services
- Able to self-scope, define, and manage short and long term technical goals
- Familiarity with computer security principles and practices
- Experience securing AWS and Linux environments, both native and third-party
- Experience designing and implementing cryptographic infrastructure such as PKI, secrets management, authentication, or secure data storage/transmission
- Experience designing and implementing systems for identity and access management
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code. We often use Terraform.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $136,000 - $190,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Gemini focuses on Financial Services, Virtual Currency, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://gemini.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt.Register to Apply
Please let Gemini know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg