Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
You will be responsible for developing new features, optimizing performance with respect to both our backend and frontend stack, developing and supporting solutions for product analytics, and capturing feedback from our logging and debugging services to both troubleshoot and make improvements.
An effective Staff Engineer should be able to effectively communicate with the team and develop solutions between back-end and front-end implementations and concerns. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
The hiring range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000 in base salary, plus equity and benefits. Base salary pay within the provided range will be refined based on candidate’s experience and location.
- Collaborate with engineers, researchers, executives, and designers to develop new features and prioritize bug fixes for our products
- Clearly communicate development progress across the Product & Engineering team
- Devise creative solutions for engineering problems
- Work with team managers on development prioritization and career development opportunities
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example
- Mentor junior engineers on the development team
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Full-stack experience and ability to contribute to both frontend (Vue, Vuex, Nuxt, service workers, PWA) and backend (NodeJS, Adonis/SailsJS/Nest/Loopback or equivalent structured framework, Yarn, Postgres, GraphQL, Redis, memcached) systems
- Strong familiarity architecting within Unix / Linux operating environments and general command-line knowledge including Docker and ECS
- Deep technical skill with frontend technologies (SASS, LESS, Bootstrap utilities, TailwindCss or other similar)
- Experience with git in a collaborative environment such as Github.
- Receptive to giving and receiving feedback
- Experience using code reviews and pair programming within the Agile Development lifecycle
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and responsive web frameworks
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.Register to Apply
Please let The Block know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg