As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!The Team Come work with a great team for one of the top (and most responsible) crypto exchanges in a rapidly evolving space. The DBA team is responsible for designing and implementing scalable solutions that allow the company to reliably and securely support our customer base. The role involves a combination of production support, support for other teams, and interesting project work to further scale and solidify the system.
- Scaling a distributed high load
- MariaDB cluster making every and all performance optimizations necessary to improve throughput and scalability
- Enhance and improve our high availability, disaster recovery, backup/recovery and monitoring solutions
- Troubleshoot various performance / availability issues
- Manage database security, patching and upgrades
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours production support
- Expert knowledge of open source SQL databases, in particular MariaDB / MySQL (5+ years experience)
- MariaDB / Mysql internals knowledge
- Significant production experience in high volume situations dealing with advanced replication schemes, sharding, performance optimization
- Server management, maintenance and backup strategies
- Experience running Mysql on dedicated hardware and cloud instances
- AWS cloud engineering expertise across VPC, EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3
- Extremely proficient with best security practices
- Experience with common mysql db tools such as Percona toolkit, Openark, Sysbench
- Scripting (two or more of bash, python, go, ruby and/or perl)
- Version control (gitlab, github, bitbucket, etc..)
- Experience with docker and/or kubernetes/nomad
- Familiarity with monitoring/discovery/management solutions such as grafana, prometheus, consul, terraform
- Experience with proxies such as Haproxy, Proxysql, Maxscalesoft skills
- Great communication skills
- Strong attention to detail dependable / responsible in a mission critical environment
- Strategic thinker that is able to weigh trade-offs and prioritize
- Excellent team player that cares about people and their success
- It is a must that you are interested in cryptocurrency and actively involved in
#US #EUWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedInRegister to Apply
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg