PlanetX is building a consumer-facing ESG knowledge graph that provides consumers and merchants with a transparent, trusted, authenticated rating on eCommerce sites. The goal is to bend consumer spending toward products that do good, responsible things for people, society, and the planet.
We aim to grow and foster a loyal community around a decentralized rating system and to introduce ratings on billions of products from millions of companies.
Our team is a top-notch group of experts in software, loyalty program strategy, fintech, cryptocurrency/blockchain, cleantech and sustainability. The founding team’s combined experience includes multiple companies founded and successful outcomes. This is an excellent opportunity to join at the ground floor of a company focused on making an enormous contribution to the future of environmentally and socially responsible ecommerce spending.
About the position:
PlanetX is looking for a Staff Data Scientist to partner with the CEO and key stakeholders to further articulate the vision behind PlanetX, address the commercial market opportunity, and champion the definition of their unique marketplace offering for both consumer and business products. This Scientist will also be a true leader – building strong relationships of influence across the organization, and operating simultaneously with world class execution.
About the position:
PlanetX is looking for an experienced Staff Data Scientist to join a high functioning team of data scientists who leverage data and technology to create the insights that consumers are lacking to inform their purchases.
The Staff Data Scientist and the team will directly contribute to a new experience that translates the massive power of our technology into simple and elegant solutions. You will be working with a highly skilled team where candor is prized and the exchange of ideas runs throughout its culture.
As a Staff Data Scientist at PlanetX, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the data and advanced analytics shaping our platform that will be used by users across the globe. You will be central not just to the data science team, but to the company as a whole.
- Source data from around the globe that will inform consumers as to how the products they buy impact our Planet.
- Create a variety of models, employing ML and NLP to distill the relevant product attributes to consumers.
- Leverage consumer preferences and activities to develop business intelligence models.
- Follow best practices in handling large disparate data sets and model creation.
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market and play a lead role in creating new products
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages derived from consumer activity data
- Produce high-quality work in a fast-paced, complex, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Lead through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams
- Establish trust with cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Partner with product managers, researchers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- Balance qualitative and quantitative data in model formulation
- Conduct and participate in model reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- Regularly present to Sr. leadership and Executive staff, using your excellent communication skills and design artifacts to effectively negotiate and persuade
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Discipline, Physical Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of work experience in constructing advanced ML analytics
- Mastery of higher level math and statistics and their application to real world problems
- Ability to express complex ideas verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques (Python SciKit Learn, Keras, and Tensor Flow) and dimensionality reduction(PCA); experience with AWS stack preferred
- Experience of applying NLP to unstructured data
- Extra points for experience in constructing complex data ontologies and experience with Neptune.
- Experience with large disparate data sets and writing SQL queries, ideally ESG and company data.
- A passion for combining data and technology for making the Planet a better place.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Uncompromising ethics and sound judgment
Register to Apply
Please let PlanetX know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg