At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. Apps built on top of Space and Time become blockchain interoperable, crunching SQL + machine learning for enterprises and any decentralized applications that need verifiable tamperproofing, blockchain-security, or enterprise scale. We turn any major blockchain into a next-gen database by connecting off-chain storage with on-chain analytic insights. Our team is growing fast, backed by some of the top blockchain orgs and VCs.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first decentralized supercomputer!
As a Sr. Software Engineer on our Cryptographic Protocol Engineering team you will be joining highly skilled engineers, cryptographers, and mathematicians responsible for developing high-performance in-database mechanisms to verify that the SQL results returned to a client are tamperproof and cryptographically guaranteed. Your team will be architecting and developing a novel Proof of SQL mechanism (effectively a specialized SNARK) which ensures that results of outsourced SQL jobs can be loaded into smart contracts via a decentralized oracle network, while also minimizing attack surfaces. This is an extremely math/cryptography-heavy leadership role, and thus we expect competency (and a professional or academic background) in applied cryptography or related mathematical fields. We also expect willingness to learn and research novel algorithms and techniques.
- Writing Rust code (and math-focused algorithms) to build a bigger, better, faster, more optimized SQL Proofing mechanism
- Building strategies, tools, platforms and database integrations to rapidly test and iterate on various cryptographic techniques / commitment schemes / database designs / algorithms for outsourced Proofs of SQL
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to facilitate meta data capturing and management
- Working with engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments with other operational components
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field. Masters or PhD is a plus.
- 3+ years software engineering experience (or academic research) around applied math programming- strong mathematical background with cryptographic primitives such as elliptic curves
- Experience programming with Rust (or at least C++ and willing to quickly learn Rust)Experience developing cryptographic protocols such as Diffie–Hellman key exchange and commitment schemes
- Familiarity with SNARKs, or willingness to learn
- Ability to research and develop novel cryptographic techniques
- Nice to have: Familiarity developing compilers or interpreters
- Nice to have: Familiarity with parallel computing/GPU development and SQL
- Nice to have: Passionate about Web3, blockchain, decentralization, and a base understanding of how SNARKs and arguments play into this
˖ Ultra competitive salaries
˖ Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
˖ 401(k) Plan
˖ Aggressive bonus structure and RSUs
˖ Very flexible PTO, paid holidays, and flexible workweeks
˖ Very flexible remote work options
˖ A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Space and Time is an EOE and committed to building a diverse teamRegister to Apply
Please let Space and Time know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg