Software Engineer (Engineer III to Principal) - Formal Methods
New York, NY / Seattle, WA / San Francisco Bay Area, CA / Remote /
Engineering – Engineering - Tools /
Blockchain technology is enabling a rapidly-growing era of innovation for the digital world. It is crucial that blockchain code such as protocols and smart contracts are provably secure and correct. Once deployed, they are public and cannot be changed. Vulnerabilities and bugs in such programs regularly put millions of dollars at stake. This is where CertiK comes in. We are the leading blockchain security company. Our goal is to secure the cyber world by applying cutting edge techniques from academia to secure blockchain code. Come and join this ambitious mission as a research software engineer to work on automated analyses for provably secure and correct blockchain applications!
What you will do
You will design and develop tools that automatically ensure the correctness of smart contracts or identify security issues and bugs in smart contracts. We have software engineer positions available at all levels of seniority. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and background.
As part of our multinational team of programming language experts, you will participate in the development of tools that rest upon techniques such as symbolic model checking, SAT/SMT solving, abstract interpretation, data flow analysis, and deductive verification. You will have the opportunity to work on all stages of tool development from idea generation to implementation and iterative improvements. Our team is highly supportive and collaborative with great opportunities to learn and grow.
You have a background in programming language theory and automated reasoning and love to work on the forefront of applying results from theoretical computer science. You love to tackle computationally hard problems and have a proven track record of achieving results, where results are people using your tool to do their jobs. You are collaborative: you share ideas, love to brainstorm with peers, and give and receive feedback. You are comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you will be wearing multiple hats.
- Extend the scope and depth of our automated program verification tools and brainstorm, design, and implement new tools.
- Adapt and improve algorithms for symbolic software model checking. Examples include bounded model checking (BMC), counterexample-guided abstraction refinement (CEGAR), and property directed reachability (IC3/PDR).
- Build and extend translators from different input languages into intermediate representations, optimizing the generated models for automated analysis.
- Identify new classes of security properties of smart contracts and formalize properties for use in our automated verification tools.
- Closely collaborate with other software engineers in developing tools and set technical direction for solving problems in consultation with your team and management.
- Work on all aspects of delivering working software that meets customer needs, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, measuring results, incorporating customer feedback, and support.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of software development experience (includes internships, software developed during research, and open-source development).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the following: model checking, formal verification, SAT/SMT solving (Z3, CVC4, Yices, MathSAT, SMTInterpol), abstract interpretation, or closely related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, mathematical logic, and automata theory.
- PhD in the broader field of automated reasoning.
- Publication record in conferences like POPL, CAV, TACAS, FMCAD, FM, etc.
- Experience in functional programming (OCaml or Haskell).
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills; always willing to learn and embrace new technologies and to collaborate.
- Prior experience in a professional software development environment.
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
Target annual base salary for this role performed in the US is $115,000 - $230,000.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.Register to Apply
Please let CertiK know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg