Software Engineer 2 - Digital Currencies
Corda Business Unit /
At R3 you would be at the cutting edge of decentralized Digital Ledger Technology (DLT) technology. Corda is a distributed DLT platform designed for running complex workflows between businesses, with or without any centralized points of control. You will work on a digital ledger platform trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payment companies, and other highly demanding industries, while dealing with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
You will join the R3 Digital Currencies team to build the next generation digital currency systems that integrate directly to the blockchain.
This is an exciting time in the digital currency space. As part of the Digital Currencies engineering team you can expect to work on truly unique Central Bank Digital Currencies (CDBC) as Central Banks the world over are preparing for this transformation. Our Digital Currencies work also encompasses cutting edge products such as tokenised cash and other types of digital assets (e.g. digital bonds/derivatives) etc.
No team is an island - you will work with many others across the company, to help ensure we build the best possible products across the digital currencies, tokenised cash and digital asset DeFi ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work and help influence your colleagues’ thinking.
You’re a highly motivated, autonomous software engineer with extensive experience working in software development/design/architecture and you’re excited to learn more and develop in this space. You have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, particularly in what it takes to build a secure, high quality, business critical system that supports extreme high volume transactions. You are curious and quick to learn about new technologies, and keen to build on your skills by learning on the job. You have an interest in distributed systems generally and DLT more specifically. A detailed knowledge of payments within the banking system along with digital currencies and tokenization would be advantageous.
Our software development is based on JVM languages, more specifically Java and Kotlin, but while advantageous, expertise in these languages is not an essential requirement. The important thing is that you have the software development expertise in some modern high level language and willing to learn what is required for the role.
We believe that customer experience, quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you’ll be driven by a passion to ensure excellence in all of these.
- Work as part of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well tested code
- Have clear understanding of fundamentals of design elements of a larger software application. Understand pros and cons of the same and actively contribute to the design by discussing them in the teams.
- Assist in estimating and planning complex engineering tasks
- Implement / code solution keeping in view of the functionality, non-functional requirements and better design elements including reusability, overall architecture, security etc.
- Unit test the codes as well as assist QA engineers in their testing.
- Code review peers both within your team and in the wider organisation
- Team work is important.
- Very strong programming competencies
- Strong understanding of Computer Science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Typically 3+ years' experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience working with limited guidance, identifying goals for yourself and seek approvals / get directions as needed while developing skills and confidence to build solutions on your own and having it for review.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Kotlin or other JVM based language experience would be a significant advantage
- Hands on experience with digital currencies or digital tokenization of assets
- Domain knowledge in banking, particularly in clearing / settlement / forex will be significant advantage.
- Experience working in the FinTech space (e.g. banking, PSP’s, SWIFT, DeFi, crypto etc.) will be significant advantage.
- Additional skills such as DevOps, QA methodologies, Jira, Agile, distributed systems programming, design principles, system architecture, network communications (certificates, network protocols, ssl etc.)
- Process driven with flexibility to allow processes to evolve while keeping them lean and efficient
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with usRegister to Apply
Please let R3 know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg