Social Media Lead
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Creatives at ConsenSys make work that moves the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prizes ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced social media expert to join our Content and Communications team to lead our social media team and strategy. You will be responsible for mentoring and career development of our social media team, and also closely collaborate with the Content and Communications team in Marketing.
Social media at ConsenSys spans our suite of market-leading products, including MetaMask and Infura. More than in most industries, Twitter acts as the public square in Web3; individuals, anonymous or otherwise, share and critique ideas, form opinions about brands, and keep up to date with the lightning-fast developments in our ecosystem. This role will manage our existing social channels, as well as define long-term strategy development around new channels like TikTok and Instagram.
We are looking for someone who has an intuitive understanding of why people think, act, and behave the way they do. A strong candidate will already have an understanding of the leading narratives in tech and a deep conviction in the values of Web3, such as decentralization, open-source development, and community collaboration. You are also aware of the influential social media accounts in crypto, and have ideas for creatively making them aware of ConsenSys’ own product announcements and narratives.
We are looking for a candidate with a vision for social media best practices and strategy, as well as someone comfortable writing expressive and tight social media copy with flair. You will work closely with the Content and Communications team, which also includes public relations, and content marketing, as well as our various product marketing managers.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing.
- Passion for Ethereum and Web3.
- Demonstrated people management experience.
- At least 2 years of experience collaborating effectively with peers across product and marketing teams.
- You voraciously read and consume news, always know what is trending in social media, and have a global mindset.
- Experience implementing a brand’s marketing strategy through social media channels.
- Passion for understanding what is landing with your audience through quantitative A/B testing as well as qualitative sentiment analysis.
- Demonstrated ability leading creative multimedia content campaigns designed for social channels, including work with external agency partners.
- You have an understanding and experience in using social media to increase web traffic and help meet sales targets.
- You have experience in building community engagement strategies and community/channel management.
- You can manage complexity through multiple products and brands, and ideally have ideas for differentiating products through their social brand voice.
- You’ve built a social media profile for a company that has expanded rapidly.
- You’ve trained colleagues from other departments how to build their own social media profile.
- You have an opinion on whether a brand should have a “we” or an “I” presence on social media.
- As crypto is increasingly intersecting with art, sports, and other industries, you ideally will have some experience working in different industries.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD 135,000-250,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).Register to Apply
Please let ConsenSys know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg