Senior Technical Program Manager (Contract)
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager to assist key partners in integrating with the Stellar network. In this role you will coordinate between our different partners and engineering teams to build innovative blockchain solutions. SDF’s partners span globally and are some of the most innovative software and financial companies out there.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, plan, and direct software and product development activities from launch to completion with overall responsibility for delivering on time with high quality
- Establish long-term technical roadmaps and own the success of multiple partners in the Stellar ecosystem
- Track and communicate project dependencies, schedules, milestones, risks and mitigation plans
- Coordinate development work between internal orgs and external partners and third parties
- Organize and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Capture and communicate meeting notes and actions and follow up on action items as needed
- Liaison productively with external clients and be the point of contact for project-related needs
- Measure project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Participate in technical discussions, ask probing questions, and work with the team find solutions to issues
- Verify and validate technical deliverables
- Deliver high quality training to partners by educating them on blockchain and Stellar network concepts
- Create and promote project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization
- 5+ years of experience managing software development projects, some of which took place in a startup or small company environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client-facing and customer service skills
- Excellent leadership skills and be able to communicate effectively with partners from various backgrounds and positions
- Great organizational skills, including attention to detail, multitasking, and creating and instituting processes to streamline workflows
- A basic understanding of common web technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, JSON, REST, etc
- Experience with Project Management tools like Jira, Advanced Roadmaps, Asana, Confluence.
- An independent nature and results-driven attitude - you’re good at identifying priorities and working in an environment with dynamic objectives
- Aptitude in advocating for partners while supporting the company’s mission
- Willingness to travel as needed (mostly to the Americas/Europe)
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment and wearing multiple hats
- Curiosity about blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies a big plus
Bonus Points if:
- You have cryptocurrency and/or a financial background
We offer competitive pay with a base range for this position of $90-$115 per hour for 40 hours of work per week depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. The benefits below do not apply to contract positions.
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.Register to Apply
Please let Stellar Development Foundation know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg