Monad Labs is a venture-backed tech startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad combines unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) with portability (full EVM equivalence), leveraging innovations in parallel execution and distributed consensus.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance decentralized system.
After recently raising a $9 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Cobie, Hasu, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging problems with massive impact in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a Senior Solidity Engineer to join our core team. Your work will include the design, implementation, and deployment of critical infrastructure powering the Monad blockchain.
You will contribute to development of major projects with a smart contract component, such as bridges, order books, staking, and NFT minting services.
You'll contribute to design, development, testing, and deployment of these new features. You'll make critical decisions on security and maintainability. Your work will power components with billions of dollars of TVL; as such, you'll need to maintain exceptional focus in defining invariants and defending against attacks.
You'll also contribute to design and development of new VM features that enable developers to build more powerful dapps. The smart contracts you develop will serve as initial use cases for new features that we are pioneering in the Monad VM, which supports and extends the EVM.
Required prior experience:
- 3+ years of smart contract development including production deployments of original protocols
- Extensive knowledge of Solidity and the EVM
- Extensive knowledge of smart contract security and common pitfalls (e.g. you understand the cause of all historical reentrancy attacks and other vulnerabilities)
- Extensive experience with proper deployment and security practices
- Experience writing extensive unit and integration tests
Required personal attributes:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Auditor/hacker mindset
- Low ego
- Extremely strong work ethic
- Ambition/desire to make a massive impact
- Enthusiasm for Monad's mission of helping decentralization scale
- Experience with auditing smart contracts
- Earned bug bounties
- Experience building and managing a protocol with significant TVL is a plus
- Experience writing high-performance C++
What you'll be doing
- You'll contribute to design and development of major projects with a smart contract component such as bridges, order books, staking, and NFT minting services. This will draw on your knowledge of existing tools as well as leveraging new primitives in Monad's VM.
- You'll develop rigorous unit and integration tests, and thoroughly consider potential attack vectors
- You'll contribute to architectural decisions that maximize security and minimize trust requirements
- You'll collaborate with the rest of the team to develop features of the Monad VM
- You'll hire other smart contract engineers
- You'll mentor junior engineers and interns
- You'll think strategically about initiatives or features that will aid in early adoption of the Monad blockchain
Why work with us
- You'll work on extremely challenging problems with massive potential impact
- You'll work with and learn from a small, exceptional team
- You'll receive a competitive salary, along with equity
- You'll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You'll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be extremely impactful in enabling onramps and usage of the Monad blockchain, facilitating adoption by many users.
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling much cheaper and more efficient decentralized computation and ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people's lives.
Working at Monad Labs means doing challenging work on a high-impact problem with exceptional teammates.
Here are some of the people you'll work with:
- James, performance engineering expert and system architect; previously designed and built ultra-low-latency systems for a top high-frequency trading team at Jump Trading;
- Ariq, expert at low-level firmware and software programming; previously a senior engineer at Arista Networks, where he served as lead maintainer on multiple linux kernel networking drivers for Arista EOS devices;
- Aashish, expert systems designer and hacker, previously the first engineer at Pattern Research, a leading crypto HFT firm, where he designed and built the entire trading stack from scratch
Please let Monad know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg