Senior Software Engineer, Fiat Gateway
About the job
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology.
Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world's leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 countries globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX's vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in the technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn't matter where you come from, everyone feels valued here, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
About The Team
Our Payments Team is a core functional team focused on supporting a growing list of integrations to support payments, crypto transactions and the creation of complex compliance and regulation flows. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About The Opportunity
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fiat Gateway Team. This role will provide an early and significant impact on the engineering team in the US. You will be expected to be responsible for such areas as implementation and support of backend microservices, working closely with the front end and cross-functional teams to coordinate complex deliverables, do research and provide meaningful feedback about any decision being made within the team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Be a problem solver and drive to get results
- Able to find and fix performance, scalability and other live issues in a time critical environment
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks and projects
- Collaborate closely with front-end, architecture and cross-functional teams and deliver compelling solutions
- Passion for code quality, maintainability and testability
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of experience or more in a Software Engineer role
- Proven track record working with real-world projects, solid understanding of software development/delivery lifecycle
- A strong advocate of code craftsmanship, excellent coding standards, constant quality improver mindset with a bit of healthy perfectionism
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD, GoF design patterns
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot is preferred
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Familiarity with product management processes and tools
- Bilingual English and Mandarin
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $166,000.00 to $249,000.00. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
OKX/Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please let Okcoin know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg