We're building Ripple's data services group and are looking for a dedicated Senior Engineer that will build scalable data infrastructure to enable ML and analytics company-wide.
As a Senior Engineer on our data platform team, you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous monitoring of data-intensive applications.
Your work will enable the developer experience for data engineers and data scientists. This person will bring a software engineering approach to infrastructure which will positive impact our culture of ownership, reliability, trust, and observability.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proficient in at least one primary programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python) and comfortable working with SQL
- Ability to write elegant code and comfortable with picking up new technologies independently.
- Enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of analytical insights, creating new product features using data, and powering machine-learning models.
- Have a strong background in developing distributed systems with experience in scalable data pipelines
- Familiar with big data technologies like Spark or Flink and comfortable in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies on financial datasets
- Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Highly or conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, Athena, etc.,)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline orchestration, leveraging Gitlab, Helm, and Terraform
- Experience with administration of Docker or Kubernetes infrastructure
- Appreciate the importance of excellent documentation and data debugging skills.
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Register to Apply
Please let Ripple know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg