Senior Product Designer Contract
Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology power houses of the industry.
At Blockstream, we’re building solutions on Bitcoin that will disrupt the existing financial system. We imagine a world where individuals and businesses can easily access a global, permissionless system to secure their money, use it every day, and invest it or put it to work. In pursuit of our expansive vision, we’ve built a full stack of innovative products on top of the Bitcoin protocol, from layer 2 projects like Liquid and Core Lightning, to end user software and hardware wallets like Green and Jade. Our brand stands for innovation in the Bitcoin community, and we’re growing our team to accelerate the future.
We’re a growth stage company that recently closed a $210M round of funding. We’ve built a reputation for visionary industry insight and a track record of delivering innovation on hard technical problems. Come join us in our mission!
Our design team at Blockstream is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer with deep ownership of craft, process, and strategic thinking. As a designer at Blockstream, you’ll create product experiences that form the foundations for the financial infrastructure of the future. You’ll work with various stakeholders across functions, influence decision-making, and have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll play a critical role in creating simple, easy to use, and delightful world-class experiences and innovative solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Identify user needs and pain points based on user data and transform UX goals into easy-to-use, elegant, and accessible designs
- Create journey maps, use cases, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes
- Translate concepts into intuitive interactions and experiences and validate them through prototyping and user testing
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers and the engineering team throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your designs are addressing user and business needs, feasible to implement, and are subsequently implemented accurately
- Support user research efforts on multiple aspects of the products through qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Adopt, evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
What We Look For In You (Required Qualifications):
- A professional portfolio that demonstrates excellence in the product design craft, the understanding of a human-centered process, and the ability to ship real products
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, problem-solving ability, and attention to detail
- Proven track record of designing consumer products for mobile, desktop, and web and experience designing products with complex technical features
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative data and experience with research methodologies such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Ability to manage autonomously their own work from early concepts to final implementation and to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Comfort with the pace, scrappiness and dynamic environment within a growing startup and ability to work in a cross-functional agile product development environment
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to articulate the rationale and the trade-offs for proposed solutions
- Passion to learn and to create a learning environment where designers grow and expand skill-sets, techniques, and tools. This is Bitcoin - no one knows everything about it. We grow and learn together
Please let Blockstream know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg