Senior Principal Engineer
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology.
Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 countries globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX’s vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralised finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in the technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, everyone feels valued here, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the team:
You will take charge of the core end-to-end data science team, from business intelligence to product experimentation on our analytics platform. You will be responsible for democratising insights about our core businesses, collaborating with cross-functional teams and business leaders to define, measure and understand key metrics, influence business strategy through data, inform product roadmap, and significantly impact the business bottom-line. To achieve this, you’ll manage the analytics team, up level the team’s capabilities through emphasis on causal inference, instrumentation, experimentation, infrastructure readiness, data integrity and governance. You will drive a culture of excellence to demonstrate what great insights and quality looks like. You will collaborate closely with engineering in defining the data collection needs, the data schema, in order to guarantee that there is high data quality and reliability across the business. If you’ve got an analytics superpower, and are excited about leading through insights, and achieve fundamental disruptive impacts, we’d love to hear from you!
- Support the organization’s global growth in building solid, reliable and efficient platforms
- Improve the overall DevOps ecosystem with transformation on microservices operating models and containerization
- Enhance core basic components and middleware
- Uplift the quality and usability of the core infrastructures
- Responsible for the reliable, stable, and efficient operation of OK large-scale distributed system services;
- Design stability systematic solution that is practicable, such as observable system, full-link pressure test, chaos engineering, capacity planning and resilience, traffic load balancing, site acceleration, attack security defence, performance tuning
- Responsible for the optimization and evolution of large-scale traffic access systems and the exploration and application of new access technology
- Advise and lead the infrastructure team to be universally adoptive with different overseas market and local practice.
- Experienced in implementing enterprise DevOps infrastructure environment from scratch for a sizable group (>200 members); experience in containerization is a plus
- In-depth knowledge and experience with microservices architecture, governance model, monitoring tools, performance testing
- Deep understanding of Linux operating system, good computer network and architecture foundation;
- Familiar with the design and development of Internet distributed systems, proficient in Java programming language, middleware, storage database and other technologies;
- Experienced ability to Troubleshoot, can solve system problems and systematic analysis of the performance tuning;
- Understanding on different types of middleware components and service encapsulation
- Experienced leading a team of 20 or above
- Strong awareness of ownership, to-do mindset with great team communication and collaboration ability;
- Min 7 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Excellent command of English & Chinese
- Occasional travelling is required
Please let OKX know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg