Senior Manager – Digital Currency
Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to launching your accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
We have a commitment to a happy, healthy, inclusive and productive workplace. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
More Than a Job
We’re hiring for an Senior Manager – Digital Currency for our New York City office. Marcum is proud to be at the forefront of this emerging industry, providing digital currency services to both domestic and international clients. Our expertise enables digital currency and distributed ledger technology companies, from start-ups to mature businesses, knowing that their accounting, reporting, and tax compliance requirements are properly managed and assessed. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Oversee audits for clients in the digital currency industry including operating entities, token issuers, venture capital funds, hedge funds, broker dealers, and SEC issuers
- Develop relationships with industry innovators and build on the growing practice as the regulatory and compliance landscapes continue to progress
- Review financial statements and disclosures for appropriateness in form, content, completeness, and accuracy
- Review required communications to the client, ensuring their completeness, accuracy and compliance with Firm and professional guidelines
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously, prepares a final product that requires minimal review by partners
- Advanced technical knowledge of accounting and reporting standards
- Identify audit and risk management issues and proposes potential solutions through research and collaboration with Quality Review and Engagement Partner
- Stay current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on their client engagements
- Conduct research, consult with team members, draw conclusions and prepare memos based on target issues
- Oversee Managers, Seniors and Staff coordinating the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Evaluate audit approach and design substantive testing procedures or reliance on internal controls where applicable and coordinate testing with specialists as applicable
- Primary client contact and liaison for complex issues that staff are unable to resolve; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Perform a detailed review of team's workflow and monitor that tasks are assigned and completed on a timely basis
- Generate and manage new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred field of study in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role overseeing, planning, and reviewing engagements; supervising staff, interacting with clients and reviewing audits, reviews and compilations for clients in digital currency.
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience
- 4+ years’ experience with SEC issuers under US GAAP
- Prior experience managing engagements and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within Digital Currency
- CPA License or on track to obtain
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Software Experience – CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Are you a search or recruiting firm interested in becoming a preferred recruitment agency? Click here to learn more.
For job requisitions posted to certain locations, Marcum LLP is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range. This compensation range is specific to certain locations and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
Salary: $140,000.00 - $20,000.00Register to Apply
Please let Marcum LLP know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg