Senior Governance Program Manager
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Paxos Compliance team is looking for a Senior Governance Program Manager to design and deliver an enterprise-wide governance and policy management capability that supports our “best in class” Compliance program. This role will also be also responsible for administering the firm’s ethics, conduct and other internal compliance-related programs in line with Paxos growth objectives and regulatory obligations.
As a Senior Governance Program Manager, you will:
- Be the architect responsible for designing and delivering the firm’s enterprise-wide policy management program as well as related governance standards and principles
- Implement internal compliance, ethics and conduct-related risk management programs in line with regulatory obligations and Paxos’ risk profile.
- Apply your delivery-driven mindset to strengthen or design and implement governance-related controls that are fit-for-purpose, agile, and attuned to the needs of a rapidly-growing startup
- Partner with stakeholders in the first line of defense to align operational solutions with strategic, regulatory or compliance gaps
- Work with existing and prospective third-party vendors to build solutions that scale compliance and enterprise-wide systems and tools
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more
Your experience should include:
- 10+ years at a regulated financial institution or a smaller, agile fintech firm (ideal candidate would have spent time at both)
- 10+ years in Risk or Compliance
- Strong mixture of strategic and operational experience in the areas of policy administration, governance and oversight
- Subject matter expertise in policy management and administration, governance frameworks and internal compliance best practices
- Experience with change management, program management and roll-out
- Fluency with leveraging tools or platforms to deliver efficiencies and automation
- Proven track record of driving initiatives in a cross-functional setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven mindset to inform decision making and prioritization
You might also have:
- Experience working in the crypto industry from a Compliance, Regulatory, and / or Risk Management perspective
- A clear understanding of the trends within the crypto / blockchain industry and regulatory landscape and what it means to fulfill regulatory obligations
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Built In NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
#LI-remoteRegister to Apply
Please let Paxos know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg