Senior Director Risk Binance Europe
Senior Director, Risk - Binance Europe
France, Paris /
Operations, Strategy & Project Management – Risk /
Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Acting as department head in this role you will be responsible for leading company-wide risk and regulatory compliance initiatives in addition to developing and implementing the risk and regulatory framework in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Responsible for the design and oversight of the company’s risk management program by developing, implementing and maintaining a robust Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework including but not limited to policies, procedures, assessments, methodologies & tools, and governance framework for the French entity and the MTF.
- Provide independent oversight, review and challenge of Risk Management information, including scope, timeliness and effectiveness; promote an effective risk management and compliance culture.
- Develop and adhere to the company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Must have strong relationship building abilities to be able to work cross functionally across the organization with multiple business and functional stakeholders for e.g. product, data, legal, IT, etc., as well externally with regulators and governing authorities.
- Keep up to date on regulatory compliance for e.g. MiFid and technical standards on a frequent basis.
- Development teams to create our own tools and solutions where needed.
- Build real time monitoring and surveillance dashboards to proactively track KPIs/OKR; and respond to the performance of the business.
- A minimum of 10 years’ risk management related experience (risk, compliance, legal, audit).
- Experience with working in a MTF environment in a risk capacity; strong understanding of risk and control framework.
- Experience in a low latency environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in chargeback and fraud prevention with regards to cryptocurrency is a plus.
- Candidate must demonstrate flexibility in approach while liaising with management and have a genuine interest in building the crypto eco system.
- Must ideally have strong functional experience, exposure to regulatory interactions, strong technology orientation, and a keen eye for detail.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations and key regulatory regimes.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, strong prioritisation and execution skills.
- Effective integration with different departments.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- Fluent English & French Speaker.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.Register to Apply
Please let Binance know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg