Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Protocol Engineering
The Protocols team is at the forefront of innovation and the foundation of ConsenSys. We drive and support the Ethereum ecosystem, enable companies around the world to successfully deploy and manage blockchains at scale, and power other products at ConsenSys (MetaMask, Infura, CodeFi). We are believers in contributing to the Ethereum community with our time (EIP-1559, The Merge), expertise, and products (Hyperledger Besu, Teku -the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain client-, and ConsenSys Rollups). ConsenSys R&D is part of the Protocols Team where we have the opportunity for long-term thinking in the products we bring to market. Similar to our products, our team is also decentralized around the world. The Protocols team's expansive experience in building and researching Ethereum protocols provides a unique experience to new joiners to make a stamp on the Ethereum ecosystem from day one.
What you’ll do
Lead the creation of a world-class infrastructure and tools for our core engineering products. Help develop and operate the ConsenSys Rollups zkEVM network.
- Deploy and help maintaining one of the first zkEVM network in the market
- Supporting the delivery of consistent DevSecOps best practices across the organization
- Improve and update our deployment pipelines
- Help build infrastructure and tools that make all our developers go faster
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role on Linux/Unix Systems
- Ability to self-prioritize issues based on customer impact. Experience with troubleshooting issues in production systems, analyze system and application logs to understand the root of the problem
- Solid level understanding of Kubernetes, including running a production grade system.
- Deep knowledge of at least one cloud provider, preferably AWS. Must be able to architect and use cloud native services for distributed systems
- Familiar with software component development, Container deployments and best practice in Security, Compliance, High Availability, Resilience.
- Collaborative, communicative and confident in their abilities to work well with all team members at all seniority and skill levels
- Ability to debug, optimize infrastructure, and automate routine tasks
- Experience setting up, automating, and maintaining CI and release management processes (GitHub actions, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience in Systems Engineering, such as Linux I/O tuning, performance, memory management and troubleshooting
- Experience building and maintaining complex geographically distributed systems in a production environment including processes, monitoring, alerting and best practices
- Infrastructure templates (Terraform, FluxCD, etc.) and automation
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
MetaMask focuses on Cryptocurrency, Blockchain / Cryptocurrency, and Web3. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Brooklyn, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://metamask.io or find them on Twitter.Register to Apply
Please let MetaMask know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg