Applied Blockchain is an innovative applications development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts. Based in London at London Bridge and in Batalha, Porto, Applied Blockchain is a vibrant team of ethereum blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporate clients. We created solutions for banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors. We are building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption, data security and Zero Knowledge Proofs. Our Stack is composed of NodeJS, React, Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes. Our team is composed mostly of developers, we are geeks and we strive for improvement. We work using agile methodologies but we’re not too strict about them. We mainly use Ethereum as a blockchain database and smart contract platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with kubernetes
- Experimenting and suggesting solutions
- Building relationship with colleagues on the client side in an enterprise setting
- Improving pipelines (ie. Docker based CircleCI/GitHub Actions/Slack Bots)
- Improving the developers local Docker Compose/k8s based builds
- Working on setting up and automating ELK/Grafana/Prometheus based monitoring stacks
- CKA Certification is required
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in a commercial environment
- 3+ years of general experience with Docker
- 1+ year experience with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with CI processes and tools (Github Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab, Azure Devops etc.)
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure tasks and application deployment issues
- Bash scripting
- Knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of the network and HTTP stack and the main web servers
- Hands-on technical experience on environment provisioning and configuration with industry standard tools (e.g. Terraform/Ansible/Puppeteer/Salt/Chef/etc.)
- Extensive familiarity with at least one major cloud provider (AWS and/or Azure)
Nice to have
- Experience with the ELK and Prometheus stacks (nice to have)
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secret sharing solutions (nice to have)
- Experience with working on Nginx (nice to have)
- Experience Azure APIs
- Experience with the ELK and Prometheus stacks
- Experience maintaining and scaling infrastructure with high volume workloads
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secret sharing solutions
- Experience with working on Nginx
- Experience working in enterprise context with high stakes business critical production application
- “Hybrid Flex Work” (you decide, every week, if you want to work full remote, hybrid, or physically in our office).
- £1000 annual allowance for training (up to 50% of this value can be used for you to buy workstation equipment to work from home).
- 5 days/per year for training.
- In-person fun team events/team buildings every 3 months.
- Company equipment and Onboarding kit.
- Annual Bonus (dependent on company and personal performance).
- Stock Option Plan.
- Paid subscription to a mental health support app.
- Your Birthday off.
- Amazing referral programme.
Please let Applied Blockchain know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg