At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
The Data Platform team collaborates with an experienced group of data scientists, engineers, and product managers to build highly available and scalable data infrastructure for TRM's products and services. As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and scaling TRM’s robust database infrastructure that will ultimately help to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Design, implement, and maintain Petabyte scale relational database systems with a focus on availability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to plan and execute database infrastructure build-outs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Serve as an expert in database performance, scalability, query tuning, monitoring, and incident response.
- Manage data replication in environments serving both batch and real-time use cases.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve production and pre-production issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to major system upgrades, deployment automation, monitoring enhancements, and production changes.
- Create operational playbooks, contribute to documentation, and gain domain expertise to drive changes within the team.
- Tune and configure databases, as well as build tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot, and automate our systems.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in database design, development, and enterprise-class operations with one or more of the following technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL.
- Experience managing a highly reliable database platform with a focus on security, performance, and scale to meet the requirements of enterprise customers.
- Experience migrating mission-critical database applications from on-premise to the cloud or managing a hybrid cloud environment for large enterprise applications.
- Proficient in data modeling for OLTP and OLAP workloads.
- Extensive experience in performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Experience influencing product roadmap and strategy, and prioritizing existing database initiatives to drive business outcomes.
- Experience writing high-performance Postgres modules and extensions to optimize database performance.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!Register to Apply
Please let TRM Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg