Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
Kraken Digital Asset Exchang
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
Are you a corporate communications expert with a passion for crypto? Let's talk! We’re expanding our communications team by adding a senior level communications manager. In this remote position, you’ll be tasked with the development and execution of communications strategies to generate amazing coverage and help strengthen and protect the company’s reputation with a variety of stakeholders.
You’ll be living in the crypto space 24/7 so understanding the nuances of the crypto ecosystem is key in this role, as well as having solid experience in corporate communications, crisis and issues management and media relations. Experience with regulatory topics and stakeholders is highly desirable.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Strengthen existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with print, online, broadcast reporters, producers, bloggers and influencers.
- Reactively respond to media inquiries, educate reporters, correct misperceptions and work with the team on issues and crisis communications.
- Collaborate closely with content, growth marketing, product marketing teams and subject matter experts around the company to implement the company's external communication strategy.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, and create press materials including media pitches, FAQs and fact sheets in coordination with the team.
- Storymine with executives to create thoughtful pitches and narratives - work to position Kraken as an industry leader among top tier media outlets.
- Assist in developing communications strategies and measuring / reporting impact of campaigns reflecting on key performance indicators.
- Identify potential issues and help develop the right approach and messaging in case a response is needed
- Monitor the social landscape and elevate notable developments and trends
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience in public relations preferably in tech with established connections at major publications
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent experience preferred
- Avid bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiast - it's okay if you haven't worked in a crypto PR agency before, but being especially knowledgeable about the field is essential.
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a laser eye for detail
- Willingness to work hard and roll up your sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
- Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- You’re the “go-to” at the party who everyone asks about bitcoin
- You have been told that you have excellent judgment
- You welcome feedback from others and want to know how you can improve
- You care more about getting work done correctly than attempting to impress
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and enjoy doing a lot of online research
- You are extremely organized, detail-oriented and catch all typos or grammatical errors
- You understand crypto assets well enough to write about them
- You are independent but also a great collaborator
- You can manage projects and negotiate with ease
- You are agile and can adapt easily to ever changing priorities, needs, styles and issues
Location Tagging: #US #EU #Canada #LI-AG1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Register to Apply
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchang know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg