Senior Compliance Analyst, AML
About the job
COMPLIANCE SENIOR ANALYST, AML
At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. No matter your title, we welcome everyone to build great products, grow quickly, and make an impact together.
About The Role
We are looking for an AML Compliance Senior Analyst to join our growing team. In this role you will help to coordinate Current’s overall BSA/AML compliance, including transaction monitoring, investigations, and reporting for banking and cryptocurrency product offerings. This senior individual contributor role will work closely with the AML Lead to investigate, draft, review, and escalate Unusual Activity Reports to Current’s partner bank. The individual will also work regularly with the Compliance, Legal, and Fraud Operations teams to support the review of AML transaction monitoring alerts and various ad hoc investigations. This role will also work cross-functionally to develop and fine-tune AML transaction monitoring rules.
- Conduct investigations into potential money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions, and other financial crime activities.
- Draft, review and submit Unusual Activity Reports (UARs) to Current’s partner bank(s).
- Develop, assess, and fine-tune AML transaction monitoring rules and processes for banking and cryptocurrency product offerings.
- Support in the execution and delivery of AML risk assessments.
- Lead special assignments and perform targeted investigations on potential financial crime concerns to support the Compliance function.
- Assist with the development of reporting and tracking of AML workflows and data.
- Contribute to financial crimes compliance policies, procedures, processes, and training.
- Track compliance issues to completion and ensure corrective actions have been implemented within specified timeframes.
- 2-5 years of experience in a compliance, operational, or governmental role with a focus on financial crimes investigations or transaction monitoring.
- Previous experience drafting or reviewing AML alert/case investigations or Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Knowledge of crypto and blockchain analysis strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of key regulations including the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and OFAC requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and constantly shifting priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong data analysis skills - experience with SQL is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present key findings from investigations in understandable and effective ways across the organization.
- Ability to provide actionable recommendations and solutions to problems.
- Well organized, efficient, self-starter, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other related certifications highly recommended.
This role has a base salary range of $85,000 - $110,000 . Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches
Please let Current know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg