Senior Backend Engineer
At Dialect we're on a mission to build more delightful, open messaging on the internet. We believe that web3 can deliver on this promise and give users exciting new ways to communicate with each other.
We build open-source developer tooling and are obsessed with shipping pixel-perfect user experiences. We are powering messaging and notifications for many of the most-loved dapps on the Solana blockchain. If building in the open and shipping great products on fast timelines is your thing, we'd love to hear from you.
#About the team
We're a team of cloud and hard-tech veterans, hailing from the web2 messaging giants Sendgrid & Twilio, global internet-scale brands like Siemens, and moonshots like Arrival and Rigetti Quantum Computing.
We blend this mix of domain expertise, scale, and first-principles hard-tech into our work every day. This range of perspectives is our competitive edge, and we are constantly in search of more. Tell us what yours is and apply.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced individual contributor who enjoys working alongside other experienced engineers and designers to quickly build and iterate on backend/API/platform.
In this role you will:
- Work with PMs, designers and other engineers on core parts of Dialect cloud backend and SDK to build new features and improve the user experience.
- Create a robust and scalable backend. Build PostgreSQL database models, performant REST APIs, data streaming ETLs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Contribute in infrastructure management, observability improvements to the cloud part of the system and participate in incident management.
- Use modern web tech and influence the stack. The backend is NodeJS/NestJS, PostgreSQL. The frontend is React, and we use TypeScript in many places. As we build out our stack, you get to make critical choices and lay the technical foundation.
- Write mostly Typescript with an emphasis on good design, tests and performance.
- Collaborate in a respectful team environment that is fully distributed.
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You are highly productive and produce high quality code. You enjoy pushing out features in a pragmatic and maintainable way. You know when to use duct tape and when to lay good foundation.
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have a strong background in building usable and performant backend systems.
- You have experience designing efficient data structures, whether it’s in PostgreSQL or other data systems.
- You have experience writing code in Typescript, and passionate about writing well-designed, testable code.
Bonus points if you:
- Have frontend experience building user interfaces using React.
- Have experience with cloud infrastructure tools, such as AWS, terraform, kubernetes, and related services.
- Have experience with logging & monitoring systems such as Sentry, DataDog, or similar.
- Above all, you may be a good fit for this role if you are excited about web3 and the future of the internet. No prior web3 experience is required, other than an excitement and willingness to learn.
Please let Dialect know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg