We're looking for a Senior Accountant who's excited to immerse themselves in Web 3 accounting and finance to help manage and influence how we develop our ecosystem. At Optimism you will not only learn how to manage Web2 finances but be on the cutting edge of Web3 governance and tokenonmics development. Join our team and get ready to fall down the Optimism rabbit hole.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with a sense of urgency to support the Financial Controller
- Create clearly documented SOPs for crypto, grant distributions and general financial processes
- Interact with outsourced accounting team to ensure proper close of books and identify areas of unusual activity
- Register and pay taxes for state and federal levels including filing all necessary forms to ensure compliance
- Manage day to day financial activities like bill pay, expense reimbursements and cash management.
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, 1-2+ years experience as an accountant at a high growth startup or Big 4 accounting firm
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and explain contract terminology
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts (revenue recognition, depreciation, intangible assets, capitalization)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to work in a flexible manner across time zones and business teams
- Experience in web3 is a plus but not required. Should have Interest in Web3
Optimism focuses on Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://optimism.io or find them on Twitter.Register to Apply
Please let Optimism know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg