Genesis Global Trading, Inc.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Sanctions Analyst
Genesis is seeking a Sanctions Analyst, with a strong background in BSA/AML and Sanctions, reporting directly to the OFAC/Sanctions Officer. The Sanctions Analyst will focus on executing an effective Sanctions compliance program in the New York office.
- Review and disposition Sanctions-related alerts from Sanctions screening third-party vendor, blockchain analytics, IP address monitoring or geo-location blocking tools
- Review daily report of login attempts generated by Technology Team
- Review and disposition Sanctions-related alerts from customer onboarding or Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) reviews, including related to adverse media indicating a Sanctions nexus
- Escalate transactions to the OFAC/Sanctions Officer for further review as appropriate
- Manage Sanctions-related screening lists, including assisting the OFAC/Sanctions Officer with the selection and testing of Sanctions screening lists
- Draft OFAC/Sanctions-related regulatory reporting (or coordinate with other BSA/AML team members as appropriate), including Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) with a Sanctions nexus, Voluntary Self-Disclosures (“VSDs”) or other regulatory reporting as appropriate
- Prepare monthly management reporting of Sanctions-related metrics for the OFAC/Sanctions Officer and Chief Compliance Officer
- Identify and escalate Sanctions compliance-related issues and/or include in logs of identified issues for corrective action
- Refine and build upon our Sanctions compliance frameworks, including maintenance and enhancement of relevant policies and procedures
- Facilitate and drive discussions with internal stakeholders on key projects related to integration of new Sanctions tools and processes
- Execute special Sanctions projects as needed
- Support the broader BSA/AML and Sanctions compliance as needed
- Promptly report and escalate BSA/AML and Sanctions compliance-related issues and potential red flags
- Participate in and contribute to BSA/AML and Sanctions risk assessments, as required
- Understand and comply with BSA/AML and Sanctions regulatory requirements
- Complete BSA/AML and Sanctions training requirements within required timeframes
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of investigative experience in Sanctions
- Working knowledge of BSA/AML and Sanctions laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Proficiency with basic data analysis techniques
- Holds or has the ability to obtain CAMS certification within 12 months of employment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word)
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in a Fintech or Cryptocurrencies will be highly advantageous
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Please review our Privacy Polices for CCPA and GDPR here
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Register to Apply
Please let Genesis Global Trading, Inc. know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg