Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming, and NFT collectibles. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sports experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes, and be part of a thriving community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share, and own your game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform has a card sales volume of over $400M since January 2021 (up from $8M in sales in 2020) and now has exclusive partnerships with over 250 football (soccer) clubs, the MLB & MLBPA, and the NBA & NBPA. Sorare is trusted by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, athletes such as Serena Williams and Kylian Mbappé, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohania - all who believe in the future of integrating NFTs with Gameplay.
As a Regulatory Counsel you will play a crucial role in building Sorare’s regulatory and compliance functions in a fast-growing company. You will dive into novel legal issues around digital assets, NFTs and the blockchain and partner cross-functionally to drive regulatory and compliance conversations and initiatives.
- Be the go-to expert for the government relations team, product counsels and the company on US financial laws and regulations as they may apply to NFTs and digital assets, payment processing, AML and KYC, as well as the associated risks
- Be a part of Sorare’s regulatory group in the US. This will include working with internal and external stakeholders to provide up-to-date analysis, strategizing and best-in-class legal advice
- Provide practical advice and go-to-market solutions as a function of current regulatory frameworks and requirements
- Help to shape internal and external strategy on U.S. laws and regulations, including in-discussion or proposed legislation
- Develop a deep understanding of Sorare, its product, offerings and fit within the overall Web3 market
- Have appropriate risk tolerance, the ability to communicate and advise on complex matters in clear, succinct, and understandable terms
- Work efficiently and independently within the legal team and company
- 4-6 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proven track record with finance regulations or policy. Experience with blockchain products is a plus
- Strong communication and strategic planning skills; ability to take initiative on issues and projects
- Worked at a government agency or in-house at a tech company or a company that uses innovative technology
- Experience with regulatory actions or investigations, including experience interfacing with regulations or lawmakers
- Experience with laws and regulations related to gaming, blockchain, or technology a plus
- Eagerness to learn and shape conversations in a developing space
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Sorare ranges from $155,000 - $201,500, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Sorare offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, vision, dental, parental leave, an unlimited vacation policy, 401(k) plan, fitness reimbursements, commuter benefits and contribution to lunch expenses!
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.Register to Apply
Please let Sorare know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg