It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is looking for a highly engaged Regulatory Counsel Lead to play a key role in providing guidance on global, regulatory matters related to the rapidly expanding Cash App. You will advocate on behalf of issues at the regulatory intersection of financial services and technology such as global payments, remittances, banking services, and digital assets. You have deep experience with regulators in the financial services space. You have experience managing a world class team, reviewing complex and technical regulatory matters, seeing around corners to spot challenges and opportunity and working cross-functionally to get exceptional outcomes.
You will report directly to the General Counsel of Cash App.
- Lead a global team of regulatory attorneys who specialize in payments, banking services, digital assets, broker-dealer and income tax filings.
- Provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented legal and regulatory advice on new and existing products to members of the Counsel team and business lines.
- Advise on legal, regulatory, and industry requirements for payments and related financial services activities.
- Identify, summarize, and analyze impact of new applicable rules and regulations
- Identify risk areas and develop systems, policies, and procedures to manage and mitigate them.
- Handle regulatory inquiries from regulatory authorities
- Properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior customer service
- 11+ years combined experience working in-house, at a law firm or financial services regulatory agency
- Global experience with fintech, payment and banking issues - digital assets is a plus.
- Experience in handling regulatory and enforcement matters and prior relationships with relevant regulators
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Familiarity with Securities Act, Exchange Act, Investment Advisers Act, and/or Investment Company Act, including SEC and FINRA broker-dealer rules, and anti-money laundering obligations a plus.
- The ability to meet deliverables on time and work in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes
- J.D., and an active membership and good standing with the California Bar or New York Bar
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone B: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone C: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone D: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Cash App know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg