Python Dev SpiffWorkFlow
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are looking for an experienced Python developer who would like to be involved in developing and pushing the boundaries on SpiffWorkFlow, an open-source Process Orchestration Platform. You will work on extending this platform and contributing to the open-source code base. The medium-long-term plans for SpiffWorkflow are very exciting as we want to integrate it with blockchain infrastructure and use it as a key tool in our strategic vision to become a DAO. This role will suit someone who enjoys working in greenfield environments, has lots of experimentation and testing to find the correct path forward, enjoys the technical and product side of software development, and would like the opportunity to grow.
- Key developer on SpiffWorkFlow (Process Orchestration Engine) to drive all development efforts on the platform within Status/Logos
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to define the vision for SpiffWorkflow
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to decentralize SpiffWorkflow with blockchain integration and Web3 single-sign-on
- Design technical solutions based on requirements put together by BAs
- Manage your own workload and deliverables for SpiffWorkflow development
- Work closely with the Vendor team who built SpiffWorkflow for knowledge transfer and up-skilling
- Initially, you will work on small feature improvements as you are up-skilling on the platform. As you gain experience and expertise, you will be taking on larger and more complex pieces of work with the end goal of becoming the internal SME for SpiffWorkflow
- Contributing to Open Source SpiffWorkflow with bug fixes, documentation, and features
You will bring
- Expertise in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework, preferably Flask
- Someone in this role should be good at working with the open-source community, especially those who are not software engineers and are interested in teaching them to write small snippets of python to solve issues
- Strong understanding of APIs and how to best remediate their security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments - particularly OpenID and JSON Web Tokens
- Exposure to the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) and the desire to become an expert
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages, preferably Jinja
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Detailed knowledge of Code Version Systems - particularly GIT
- Excellent problem-solving skills to help deal with ambiguous requirements and strong communication skills
- Ability to work at both strategic and operational levels with an ability to contextualize the fine details within the big picture
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- Knowledge of Docker, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
- You have an understanding of the Blockchain ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- Experience working in a start-up environment OR experience working for an open-source organization
- Previous experience working remotely and asynchronously with international teams
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Sasha (Business Analyst)
- Interview with Manuchehr (PPG)
- Technical Interview
- Interview with Jarrad (Status CoFounder)
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
The expected compensation range for this role is $80,000 - $115,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.Register to Apply
Please let Status know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg