Chiliz is a global fintech and blockchain company behind Socios.com the world’s first fan voting and rewards app. We have partnered with more than 120 of the most recognizable sports and esports brands in the world to provide a blockchain-backed solution to boosting fan engagement.
Our partners include - The Los Angeles Lakers, New England Patriots, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, UFC, Brooklyn Nets, Galatasaray, Golden State Warriors, Manchester City FC, Davis Cup, and many more. Our diverse and extraordinary team - that spans 30+ nationalities - are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
OUR BRANDS & CHANNELS
Chiliz ($CHZ) is our digital currency for blockchain-backed platforms and products, as well as mainstream users, which powers Socios.com.
Socios.com is the world's first fan voting and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and
Chiliz.net is a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports & entertainment products.
We are now looking for a Public Affairs Manager, communications and public affairs professional to join the Global Corporate Affairs team. Reporting to the Global Director of Corporate Affairs you will be responsible for supporting the department in designing and executing corporate campaigns and initiatives that communicate to and engage key policy, regulatory and political stakeholders in the company’s corporate narrative. You should have the ability to easily distill and communicate complex regulatory, and tech policy issues. You should have experience navigating and a deep understanding of the political and media landscape in the UK and throughout the EU (with LATAM and US experience a bonus) as it relates to both challenges and opportunities for technology companies. Although this position is based in London it will be a global facing role.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Drive strategic communications plans and programs that advance policy priorities, including reactive and proactive media communications and outreach;
- Closely coordinate with Socios Legal & Regulatory affairs team to keep abreast of policy and regulatory developments that affect our business.
- Develop and maintain a detailed messaging playbook on key legislative/regulatory issues.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Affairs to design and imbed sustainability as a key strategic and operational pillar of the business.
- Advise business units and teams globally on policy communications strategies and tactics.
- Work in close collaboration with partnerships, marketing, and product team to ensure message accuracy, consistency, and alignment of messaging across all global markets.
- Drive or assist with the creation of written materials (i.e. position papers, blog posts, social media updates) to support Socios policy objectives.
- Earn trust in the UK market by advancing programmes designed to increase familiarity with our app and our business among policy influencers, including journalists and regulatory stakeholders (i.e. background briefings).
Train and advise partnerships, marketing, and product team members as company spokespeople as required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of communications/public affairs experience, including significant experience in executing stakeholder engagement and targeting campaigns.
- Outstanding level of self organisation and ability to design systems and processes at global and regional scale.
- Deep understanding of UK & EU government processes and experience dealing with policy communications challenges across EU – experience and exposure to US a plus but not essential.
- Experience in delivering and passion for embedding sustainability as a strategic pillar in the business.
- Analytical and creative approach to policy issues.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Deep interest in technology and related policy issues.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- An excellent communicator who can successfully build relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
WHAT WE OFFER
From receiving your application to joining us on this fantastic journey, our recruitment process is a fun and agile 3 step process, meaning that you won’t be left waiting to get an answer. You’ll start off with an interview with one of our dedicated HR team members, you’ll then be given an assessment before a final stage interview with the hiring manager. From working with some of the biggest and most recognisable sports teams in the world to creating unforgettable fan experiences, all while using blockchain technology, it’s never a dull day here at Chiliz.
You have the flexibility to split your time between working from home or from one of our beautiful offices in Madrid, Miami, London, Istanbul, Lyon, Gzira, or São Paulo, located at the very heart of
these vibrant and cosmopolitan cities. And if there’s no office close to you, we’re cool with fully remote working too!
We’re an extraordinary multi-cultural team spanning 30+ nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as we are. Professional and personal development are very important to us and our package includes, depending on location and contractual agreement, a wellness allowance, private healthcare and a pension plan. Together with a supportive and collaborative working environment and great company perks, above all, we give you the chance to be a part of the future.
Please let Chiliz know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg