Protocol Engineer - TypeScript
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner. Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
We are building Waku as a public good infrastructure. Waku is the messaging layer of Web3.It is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, privacy-preserving communication network that enables anyone to send and receive messages without worrying about surveillance or deplatforming.
We are developing 3 open source implementations of Waku: nwaku, go-waku and js-waku and JS-Waku is the TypeScript implementation used in browser and web environments.Our main repo is https://github.com/waku-org/js-waku/.
We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 and more.
We are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about Ethereum, decentralization and developer experience. and who would relish the opportunity to create a first class decentralized machine-to-machine messaging interface and toolkit and bring these new capabilities to Web3 developers! You will,
- Design, implement and document Waku TypeScript libraries
- Implement new protocols as defined by the Research Team
- Investigate and fix issues in js-waku and upstream libraries such as js-libp2p
- Optimize js-waku and upstream libraries for the browser
- Support dApp developers in using js-waku and Waku TypeScript libraries
- Speak at conferences and run workshops (both online and real world) to introduce devs to Waku
- Have experience building applications with complex logic, cutting edge technology or applied research
- Are already familiar with the Ethereum community
- Have demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly, you are a polyglot
- Have passion for blockchain and decentralized technologies and understand how they work
- Have good communication skills (written and conversational)
- Have a strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if you have experience
- With js-libp2p or other libp2p implementations
- In transport layer: websocket, WebRTC, WebTransport
- In Web3 or blockchain development
- Working for an open source organization
- Working remotely
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay salaries in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
Get to know us
- Interview with People Ops team
- Team Culture and Pair programming session with js-waku lead maintainer & hiring manager
- Technical & Culture Interview with member of the Waku Vac Team
- Interview with Logos program lead
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline]Register to Apply
Please let Status know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg