Lead Protocol Engineer
Full-Time, Remote, Time Zones Preferred: EST - CET
In partnership with major IP, brands, and artists, our goal is to build a more open, inclusive, creative, and sustainable economy on web3.
Remote First: You'll be part of a globally distributed team!
Equity: We want everyone to have an equity stake in the success of Palm NFT Studio.
Flexible work schedule: Working remotely with a globally distributed team allows you to work asynchronously and create a flexible work schedule.
Competitive Benefits: We have a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
Unlimited vacation/holidays: We value work life balance and encourage employees to take time to reset and recharge. We also encourage you to have no meetings on Fridays.
About The Palm Network
The Palm network is a new NFT ecosystem for culture and creativity, built efficiently with Ethereum. The Palm network features low gas costs, fast transaction finality, and is over 99.9% more energy efficient than Proof of Work systems.
The Palm network is designed from the ground up to be as flexible as artists are creative. Today, the Palm community is making NFTs easier and more efficient to use with an Ethereum sidechain, and has a roadmap to transition to an Ethereum Layer 2.
About Palm NFT Studio
Palm NFT Studio is a collective of technology, entertainment, cryptoart and art industry leaders. The studio provides bespoke creative services for artists and rights holders looking to establish NFT marketplaces and next-generation work on the Palm network.
Palm NFT Studio is led by co-founder and CEO Dan Heyman, former General Manager of protocols at ConsenSys. Initial projects launching on Palm include Damien Hirst's The Currency with Heni and Candy Digital's digital collectible program with Major League Baseball. Palm NFT Studio was brought together by ConsenSys founder and Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin; film producer and owner of Heyday Films, David Heyman; and founder of world class art house HENI Group, Joe Hage.
Working together with creators and rights holders, Palm NFT Studio is developing the Palm ecosystem on Ethereum to be both scalable and sustainable.
About The Role
The Lead Protocol Engineer is responsible for research and development related to the Palm network's architecture, infrastructure, and protocol integrations. This position will play an integral role in supporting Palm NFT Studio by contributing to the development of the Palm network which serves as a foundation for the Studio's work. This is a senior engineering role that will entail leadership as well as individual contribution. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and work cross-functionally in virtual teams with colleagues from internal Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance and Strategy & Operations teams, as well as external partners within the Palm network ecosystem.
- Research and contribute to decisions about protocol architecture and features.
- Implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions.
- Research and advocate for protocol upgrades and features to support the Studio's work.
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating with other teams.
- Keep up to date with new blockchain technologies that can drive meaningful product results for Palm NFT Studio users.
- Analyze transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Design, implement and deploy secure solidity smart contracts.
- Build high quality data pipelines to combine and deliver real time on and off chain data.
- Scope, design and implement performant and secure APIs.
- Lead smart contracts security audits.
- 5+ years of production-level software engineering experience, including experience in a growth-stage company or startup environment.
- 2+ years of production-level Solidity and/or blockchain engineering experience.
- Experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity.
- Experience with multiple backend programming languages such as TypeScript, Java, Golang, or Rust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delegating and executing critical decisions.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology Ethereum in particular.
- Strong understanding and passion for decentralization.
- Must be detail-oriented with high organizational skills.
- Passion for software architecture and design.
- An ability to adapt quickly to rapidly evolving tech stacks and collaborate across a variety of teams.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to handle multiple priorities and workstreams.
- Experience working with Web3 or Crypto companies.
- Familiarity with Ethereum code bases (knowledge of Besu is a plus).
- Experience with open-source projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of, and passion for NFTs.
- Having worked in a startup as well as in a big corporate environment.
- Having worked in a remote environment.
How to apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Please apply!
If you have any issues submitting your application, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Palm NFT Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our organization is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please let Palm NFT Studio, Inc. know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg