Protocol Engineer, Lodestar/Ethereum (TypeScript)
Protocol Engineer, (Backend TypeScript- Node.js) Lodestar
ChainSafe is a leading blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure solutions for the decentralized web. Alongside its contributions to major ecosystems such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, Mina, and more, ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
ChainSafe Systems is seeking dedicated Protocol Engineers to join the Lodestar team, Ethereum consensus (Eth2.0) implementation written in TypeScript.
Lodestar is an Ethereum Consensus (Eth 2.0) client and ecosystem of resources to provide and support the next generation of light-clients. Light clients are the missing piece in today's blockchain ecosystems to achieve decentralization across the entire stack. You will contribute in ensuring the long-term success of Ethereum while being at the edge of multiple technological fronts.
About the role
As a protocol engineer, you will contribute to Lodestar by developing accurate, secure, and performant code to implement various specifications. No prior blockchain experience is required, but it is expected for you to gain protocol proficiency over time. You'll also have the opportunity to engage with the wider Ethereum Consensus community, other client teams and contribute to research efforts to influence its future design. The position is full-time and remote-friendly.
No prior blockchain experience is required.
- Understand a protocol specification and develop a highly performant implementation
- Research multiple solutions and evaluate their performance-memory trade-offs
- Research and develop novel light-client solutions
- Refactor and improve existing features in the client and supporting libraries
- Review, audit and test your teammates code
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions
- Collaborate with other protocol implementation teams to share knowledge and improve each other's clients
Required skills and experience
- Extended experience developing highly performant, secure, and scalable software
- Experience in distributed applications and peer to peer networking
- Comfortable learning complex protocols from scratch
- Takes initiative, is a self-starter, be accountable for work
- Experience with open-source software or strong communication skills as we actively coordinate with external parties
Nice to have
- Experience with blockchain protocols
- Experience with cryptography
- Strong academic or engineering background
- Performance analysis and optimization, optimizing data structures and algorithms
- Devops, testing infrastructure, and CI for large systems
- Familiarity with open-source software principles.
Why Join ChainSafe
Founded by developers for developers, ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We continue to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, value autonomy and responsibility, have a results-driven environment, and offer flexible work hours.
We care deeply about our values and look for these attributes in every new team member. In addition, we recognize the benefits of cultivating a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture. We encourage women, the LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
How to Apply Please fill out the below Greenhouse application form and ensure that you attach your resume and link your Github/Gitlab profile or any software project that you have contributed to (if applicable).Register to Apply
Please let ChainSafe Systems know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg