Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for an experienced and self-driven Program Manager to execute all operations of Aptos hackathon and accelerator. As Program Manager, you are directly responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the accelerator and hackathon. This will include spending time with founders to understand and resolve challenges they face. This will allow you to have deep insight into ways to drive improvements in the overall program. You will also be driving the program design, marketing events, community building, workshop planning, mentor scheduling, administrative duties as well as creating a great experience for all participating startups. This role will partner closely with executive leadership, finance, legal, marketing, communications and other functions across Aptos.
What you'll be doing:
- Design hackathon and accelerator program strategy, roadmap, performance metrics and work with cross functional team to execute.
- Day to day management of the hackathon and accelerator programs including regular engagement with the companies going through the program, developing program content, understanding critical needs of projects and setting objectives for how we can support those objectives
- Work closely with accelerator projects to understand support and execution requirements that can be fulfilled by the Aptos team and then aligning internal teams with cohort needs
- Working closely with core members of our extended network to connect the cohort with top advisors and mentors
- Event planning - management of events in line with the Aptos ecosystem objectives such as recruitment of both talent and startups, fostering the Aptos community and helping Aptos projects secure investment rounds
- Monitor and report on Web3 industry and peer company information and practices by tracking research reports, news, and other relevant resources
- Supporting and developing a strong culture within the accelerator
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: program management, business development, ecosystem growth
- Rich experience in managing global accelerator and hackathon programs, particularly within the web3, financial services, fintech, & consumer tech industries
- Deep understanding and engagement with the venture and start-up ecosystem
- Highly self-directed – ability to get a lot done with sometimes limited direction
- Previous start-up experience required in an operations based role
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills - ability to distill complex topics into a concise, consumable format
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with founders, functional leads and vendors
- Experience and interest in Web3
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Register to Apply
Please let Aptos know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg