Product Operations Manager
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about our core values and principles.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As the Operations Manager for Product you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the CoS to the CPO of the company - this role has the potential to grow into a number of different opportunities.
The day-to-day tasks will vary widely, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, strategic, and efficient. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Maintain flawless and up-to-date team updates including goals, subgoals, team assignments, and meeting notes
- Own project management for each team including tracking and preparing reports and presentations on the project plan, timelines, and milestones
- Work with Product team leads to understand resourcing and recruiting needs
- Build cross-functional relationships, as well as create coordination and alignment between Operations, Product, Marketing, and wider teams in order to solve complex interdisciplinary problems
- Identify, triage, develop and support strategies and initiatives across multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the Operations team (as well as wider business)
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Operations, Product, Business Development, and Marketing
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and elegantly executing projects from proposal to implementation
- Natural curiosity and a solutions-oriented mindset that leads to proactively coming to the table with creative solutions
- A resourceful self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Excellent communications and influencing skills – you are a phenomenal at writing and conveying your ideas, with a knack for finding the right tone in any context, while balancing and weighing your needs with those of your counterparties
- Meticulous and high attention to detail – you take pride in creating work that is not only flawless, but also beautiful
- Strong presentation skills combined with the ability to present data in a way that is persuasive to all audiences
- Mix of analytical mindset, business acumen, and personal drive
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience working in a high growth startup a big plus
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in advanced Excel and Google Workspace (Sheets/Slides)
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.Register to Apply
Please let Matter Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg