Product Design Director, CoinDesk Media
This role will report to the VP / Head of Product, and join the product team’s cross-functional leadership team and comes with a big opportunity to make a sizable impact.
Design thinking and user experience are at the forefront of everything we do. The work of a Product Designer at CoinDesk is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, exciting, even magical. In the Product Designer Director role, you'll lead and grow, as a player/coach, the Product Design team at CoinDesk to take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for our users around the world, from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Editors, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process, from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our CoinDesk users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Manage a growing team of product designers, including 1:1s, performance management, career development, etc.
- Work to establish and nurture a strong product design culture at CoinDesk
- Support CoinDesk’s high-level product strategy. Represent design in the product development process and contribute to the definition and development of a high-level product roadmap
- Lead the design team as a player/coach to sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test designs early and often.
- Partner with product, engineering, and editorial on creating working versions (prototype) designed to get user feedback.
- Work with our design team to raise the quality bar and contribute to our design system of components, styles, and interactions.
- Partner with product managers to define a project roadmap that directs the entire team.
- Work closely with engineers to build, iterate on, and ship concepts.
- Partner with UX researcher and product managers during the discovery phase to conduct user research and competitive analysis.
- Advocate product design processes, principles, and tools to colleagues.
- Create and manage UX documentation, including wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- You have a bachelor's degree in a UX-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, behavioral research, or graphic design) or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including direct experience as a manager of designers
- You have experience in designing mobile interfaces from pre-launch to post-launch.
- A true product designer at heart, you love building, contributing, and maintaining the Design System and the overall brand language.
- You demonstrate excellent layout design skills and the ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward, simple, and visually elegant manner.
- You possess strong analytical thinking and deductive skills.
- You are knowledgeable in Usability Testing Principles.
- You are very well versed in design and UX software (e.g., Figma, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Lucidchart)
- You are knowledgeable in interaction design and information architecture.
- You have a strong portfolio of design projects.
- Your work demonstrates an understanding of website usability/web optimization, UX, and responsive designs.
- You can manage high work volumes, process multiple projects simultaneously, and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency.
- You are collaborative and organized with strong communication skills
- Experience at digital media companies is a huge plus.
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $160,000.00 to $175,000.00 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
Please note that only a member of CoinDesk’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @coindesk.com or @coindesk-indices.com email in regards to any and all opportunities at CoinDesk. Disregard emails from any other addresses or persons. If you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our te to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!Register to Apply
Please let CoinDesk know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg