Mastercard Software Engineer II Blockchain1 Direct Hire [Remote]
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only(Time Zone: EST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $100,000 – $110,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
$100,000- $110,000 + 12% Bonus (with Kicker option)
10% 401K Match
Sign On Bonus
If you live in NY or SF, you are eligable for $10,000-$20,000 Cost of living increase in Base.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to join the Mastercard Blockchain and Digital Assets engineering team. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exciting and innovative products using multiple Blockchain technology and components delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, innovation mentality, thinking through new product lines using Blockchain / Distributed ledger technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce within the digital assets space with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a major focus on adopting Blockchain technology to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
What you’ll be working on
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java and Blockchain based solutions.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions
- Ability to participate and contribute in requirement refinement sessions for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices
- Experience in understanding complex distributed architectures and creating a high-level design, working with other technical leaders to drive out the detailed design and implementation of complex applications, interfaces and integrations
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to lead junior employees
- Experience in integration workstreams at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
- Ability to understand , lead and contribute for performance engineering and security assessments of the enterprise software architecture, and assisting guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers when needed
- Researches and evaluates tools and software as needed in the ecosystem
- Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
- Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
- Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer
- Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
- Experience with Solidity and Blockchain protocols such as Ethereum , Besu , Quorum..etc
- Good working knowledge of designing and creating smart contracts for enterprise grade apps
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
- Good communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
- Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please let Braintrust know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg