Marketing Operations & Strategy Manager
About the job
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is looking for a Marketing Operations & Strategy Manager to join our marketing team across North America and the United Kingdom. This role will work closely with the NA/UK marketing team and work with both local and global marketing, product, analytics, creative and sales functions, helping them lead and drive strategic outcomes. The primary focus of the role will be strategic planning, oversight on budgets, having a pulse on priorities and challenges across NA/UK leadership, as well as the ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders, end-to-end. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, as well as strong program management. We are looking for candidates that have developed processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and have the ability to work closely with marketing, sales, product and technical stakeholders. You are a growth driver, someone who not only supports the needs of the team, but a person who thrives on identifying and chasing opportunities to accelerate the business.
- Partner with marketing leadership and the greater marketing team to develop strategic and tactical plans that supports Marketing’s contribution to business goals
- Work as the conduit between North America and UK marketing teams to help facilitate better communication, process and analytics across regions
- Identify, design and roll out new processes and tools that enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work, promotes operational excellence and efficiency
- Operationalize and drive regional team cadences and reports
- Work with Finance & Strategy team to manage the marketing budget, including tracking budgets to actuals, forecasting, procurement processes, and documentation
- Be a trusted partner to the VP of Marketing, NA/UK and will work together to build a best-in-class marketing team in terms of caliber of people, performance, effectiveness and, most importantly, an awesome culture
- 6+ years experience in marketing, operations, program or project management roles
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams and the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- Experience working with Marketers to define and implement process for project and campaign execution
- Experience with driving strategic planning
- Experience working with a project management software - Wrike preferred
- Strong analytical skills - love working with data and analyzing business performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- A passion to improve processes
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Willing to work across time zones for regional activity (London, New York, San Francisco)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Please let Afterpay know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg