From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a Marketing Designer who has a balance of great visual design coupled with the ability for storytelling in different formats. As a visual designer at Optimism, you will partner with our senior leaders to conceptualize, conceive, adapt and execute designs in different forms, for branding collateral, internal presentations, product demos, market launches, and much more.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work independently and collaboratively with Product and Marketing teams on projects to create experiences, campaigns, graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments
- Produce brand and campaign standards, templates, and style guides
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Work with partners across Optimism to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- Develop compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs, and prototypes
- Help to formulate our internal visual design strategy, and ensure visual design excellence
- Create presentation decks for executives
- Work closely with Product Design on UI Mockups, UI Click-through demos, and GIFs or Simple Animated Screens
- Execute layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity, and mastery
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years professional experience as a visual designer
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in storytelling, illustration, typography, visual, UI design and motion
- Expertise in Figma, Powerpoint/Keynote, Illustrator and image editing software such as Photoshop
- Basic understanding or ability to manage contract workers focused on motion and animation software such as After Effects, Keynote’s animation capabilities or other
- Understanding of UI principles for desktop and mobile applications
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Ability to execute high quality work in a fast paced environment – strong adaptability
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Passion for the Ethereum ecosystem, blockchain and web3 industry preferred
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.Register to Apply
Please let Optimism know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg