Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
- Reporting to the Litigation Lead - Europe, be the main point of contact and counsel for ongoing litigations and arbitrations and enforcement procedures in the UK, Ireland and common law jurisdictions.
- When needed, provide additional support to other European jurisdictions, through external counsels if necessary.
- Manage legal efforts in response to contentious inquiries, including managing pre-litigious and regulatory matters, encountered by the company and internal stakeholders.
- Answer pre litigation claims from clients, including on smaller issues as they arise.
- Take charge of external communication with external counsels and negotiating with the opposition.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, commercially sensible legal advice to all stakeholders.
- Support in the development and implementation of legal strategy to reduce the risk of disputes while balancing against the organisation's overall business strategy.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing court, arbitration documents, liaison and settlement agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Provide administrative support to manage billing, legal contracts, corporate documents and other documentation.
- General overall support to the legal team.
- Common law Qualified lawyer (UK or Ireland) with strong dispute resolution background, min 6 PQE.
- Exposure to the financial, banking or crypto sector is a must.
- Experience with handling regulatory inquiries, requests for information and investigations a plus.
- Interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Proactive and self starter. Able to handle stress, have higher tolerance to dynamism and can move fast.
- Ability to work independently and report matters efficiently.
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgment sense.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects, equally can handle smaller claims.
- Attention focused and rigorous. Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Although the main scope of the role would be common law jurisdictions, a dual qualification, or a fluent speaker of French, Italian, Spanish, or Russian would be useful to support the rest of the European litigation team.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.Register to Apply
Please let Binance know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg