Lead Sales Engineer
We believe that blockchains need real world data to be useful- and UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is UMA?
We are a team aligned with the ethos of the crypto community. We believe that because UMA's optimistic oracle is the decentralized truth machine which can verify any statement proposed on the blockchain- we have the ability to truly expand what web3 is building. We are building a robust ecosystem. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a Lead Sales Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to lead a small agile team to drive UMA integrations and expand the mindshare of our oracle solution as the best solution for verifying truth on-chain.
- Establish and grow industry partnerships: Manage inbound and strategically initiate outbound leads aligned with a protocol growth strategy
- Resourceful pipeline management: Be able to intelligently have scope, feasibility, and ideation discussions but rely on your intuition and resourcefulness to know how to close, move, and find success for all parties
- Be a leading UMA evangelist: attending & speaking at industry events, publishing thought leader content, and enhancing developer materials
- Create and own a sales playbook/process: find rhythm in managing lead-gen, onboarding new integrations, participating in technical ideation and design, and being the go-to expert for UMA integrations
- Improve developer experience constantly: help translate partner & developer feedback into product requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a sales or growth role for software or protocols
- A computer science (or equivalent) degree isn’t necessary, but you must have experience working with and communicating with engineers
- Domain knowledge in crypto, DeFi, web3, etc. is a must
- A nerdy curiosity for understanding technical needs and solving problems
- Proven ability of using your resourcefulness to impact key objectives
- Ability to convey complex concepts to various audiences with speed and influence
- Ability to create and own a sales process and playbook
- Willingness to travel
- UMA's pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
-Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn top tier talent. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
-We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and have a nerdy curiosity to solve hard problems (and change the world).
-UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
-You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
UMA focuses on Open Source, Finance, Finance Technology, Software Engineering, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.umaproject.org or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn.Register to Apply
Please let UMA know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg