Junior FinOps Analyst
Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specializing in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
Uphold is looking for a Junior FinOps Analyst to join our Finance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to be responsible for recommending, implementing and executing policies and programs to keep all recurring financial operations inline with company strategy while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your Finance and other business partners. You’ll be using existing tools and procedures to monitor and perform daily finance operations and participating in the ongoing initiatives to improve and automate the current technological stack.
As the Junior FinOps Analyst you'll be taking ownership of the company's financial operations, working closely with the Finance Director.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Ensure timely response to customers’ inquiries and troubleshoot issues that arise from them.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate and financial processes are adjusted accordingly.
- Maintain databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Work closely with Engineering to automate manual processes, and ensure compliance with international regulations (card scheme, safeguarding).
- Work closely with the Finance Director to control the direct costs, minimize overruns and find cost reduction opportunities.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Oversee and execute main procedures to complete all daily, weekly and monthly financial close activities and reporting models.
- Develop an understanding of how our business works and how this is reflected in our data.
- Assessing and tracking the quality of data and working with the team to solve issues.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps processes.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in a finance role with an understanding of finance operations.
- Problem-solving, improving processes with an action-driven approach.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic, promoting empathy and accountability.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- 1-2 Years of relevant experience.
Bonus if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of banking frameworks and payment methods.
- Prior experience at a fast-paced start-up/scale-up.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!Register to Apply
Please let Uphold know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg