Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022. Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide.
Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020.
A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you!
Uphold is looking for a Junior FinOps Analyst to join our Finance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to be a part of the process for recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and programs to keep all recurring financial operations inline with company strategy while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your Finance and other business partners. You’ll be using existing tools and procedures to monitor and perform daily finance operations and participating in the ongoing initiatives to improve and automate the current technological stack.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Oversee and execute main procedures to complete all daily, weekly and monthly financial close activities and reporting/monitoring models adopted by the team.
- Ensure timely response to customers’ inquiries and troubleshoot issues that arise from them.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate and financial processes are adjusted accordingly.
- Reconcile big data-sets and aid in the booking and correcting procedures.
- Develop an understanding of how our business and tools work, how this is reflected in our data and work with the team to assess and improve its quality.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product to automate manual processes, and ensure compliance with international regulations (card schemes, safeguarding, banking frameworks).
- Learn, analyze and expand our repository of processes and standard operating procedures to optimize the team’s efficiency.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting/principles.
- Experience in a finance role with an understanding of finance operations.
- Problem-solving, improving processes with an action-driven approach.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic, promoting empathy and accountability.
- Strong Excel/Sheets and analytical skills.
- 1-2 Years of relevant experience.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of banking frameworks and payment methods.
- Prior experience at a fast-paced technology start-up/scale-up.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services.
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.Register to Apply
Please let Uphold Inc. know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg