Blockdaemon is hiring a Junior Accountant on a 6 month contract with opportunity to transition to Full Time. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, and general ledger reviews. The Junior Accountant will also analyze corporate financial operations to ensure the business is running efficiently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Entering bills into Bill.com and verifying that all bills match contracts, Statements of Work and appropriate approvals have been met.
- Issuing invoices to customers, receiving payments against invoices and following up on outstanding balances
- Coding and reconciling credit card charges from employees and verifying that receipts are submitted with memos
- Posting journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded to the bank and credit card accounts in the GL
- Preparation of monthly reports for overall company accounting and financial KPI tracking
- Assisting with providing proper supporting documentation for annual audit
- Conducts variance analyses at month-end and help prepare reports for other team members
- Maintain accurate and detailed expense reporting on various metrics we use to assess positioning and opportunities in real time
- Analyzes large amounts of information quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for Blockdaemon
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance or another related field required
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting and/or finance role
- High proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to create and use pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Working knowledge of GAAP requirements preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to sit in front of a computer looking at a computer screen for long periods of time
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Blockchain experience is a big plus!
Knowledge of of cryptocurrency/token-economics
- Self-motivated and detail oriented while producing high-quality and accurate work in a startup environment
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency/token economics and/or Blockchain experience is a big plus!
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.Register to Apply
Please let Blockdaemon know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg