Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
Our Legal Team
The trusted advisors who sweat the small stuff (and who know when the small stuff is actually the big stuff). This team helps us navigate a quickly and constantly evolving industry with an eye toward the future.
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring an IP Paralegal to join our Legal team.
We have tons to do, building the future of web3, and we need help enforcing our intellectual property assets including handling takedowns for IP violations and impersonation websites, NFT collections, and social media accounts, and ensuring that we are supporting the Company’s IP procurement, protection, and enforcement mission. As part of a forward-thinking team fielding novel and exciting legal and commercial issues every day, you will:
- Coordinate with cross-functional internal teams to identify IP violations and impersonations of Yuga Labs IP assets.
- Develop an efficient and effective process for handling takedowns and tracking IP violations.
- Coordinate with external vendors and social platforms to execute takedowns and enforce Yuga Labs valuable intellectual property.
- Act as a key contact for the Legal Department by providing guidance to internal teams on commonly asked questions about IP impersonations.
- Assist the Legal Department with additional IP-related needs.
- Previous experience at a law firm or in a high-growth corporate environment.
- Experience handling IP protection and enforcement matters. Specific experience handling takedowns for IP violations.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, rapidly changing, ‘start-up’ environment.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent collaboration and coordination skills. Adept at working cross-functionally.
- Experience with trademark and brand protection software preferred.
- Paralegal experience preferred.
The annual salary for this position ranges from $75,000 to $95,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Please let Yuga Labs know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg