Manhattan District Attorney's Office
Division/Unit: Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau
Job Title: Investigative Analyst
Position Title: Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau Investigative Analyst
Salary Range: $51,801 - $55,830
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an immediate opening for a Cybercrime Investigative Analyst in the Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau (CITB). CITB is committed to protecting the public by investigating and prosecuting sophisticated cybercrime and identity theft schemes, including cases involving check and credit card fraud, cyber impersonation, cyber-stalking and bullying, computer hacking, as well as money laundering and threats to financial institutions. The Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau conducts proactive investigations of cybercriminals, with the goal of protecting New York County's residents and financial infrastructure.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Assist in sensitive and complex long-term investigations into cybercrime and identity theft.
- Collect, organize, and research a wide range of data to develop intelligence and investigative leads on cybercriminals.
- Generate subpoenas, spreadsheets, charts, and other exhibits for investigative purposes.
- Examine hard drives and other seized media, using specialized software.
- Perform in-depth computer searches of investigative targets.
- Communicate investigative results to other team members and appropriate supervisors.
- Liaise with prosecutors and other law enforcement agencies.
- Perform data entry and administrative tasks.
- Highly skilled in standard computer operating systems and software (Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with strong ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and data.
- Database skills a plus.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational, analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of DANY, and New York State court systems a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- A willingness and desire to learn about new and emerging cybercrimes including NFT phishing and the theft of cryptocurrency.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two (2) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
How To Apply
- Apply with a Cover Letter & Resume.
- As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please review the notice to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at nyc.gov/studentloans .
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy. About Us
The New York County District Attorney's Office serves and protects the People of New York through the fair administration of justice, without fear or favor. The Office's support staff perform a variety of key functions, including supporting the Trial, Investigation, and Appeals Divisions, as well as other prosecution support and office functions. Our support staff receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, as well as unparalleled opportunities for professional development.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. Given the diverse nature of our community, the ability to work with people of different backgrounds is critical. The Office seeks to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. To that end, all applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.About the Team
The Professional Staff Recruitment Team at DANY supports the Office's initiatives to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. We seek employees that are interested in a career in the public sector and will support the Office's initiative of Moving Justice Forward.
For questions or inquiries, please contact [email protected]Register to Apply
Please let Manhattan District Attorney's Office know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg