Community. Innovation. Decentralization.
These are our core values. We weave them deeply into the fabric of our products. We’re a social shopping network, a media lab and major e-commerce player rolled in one. Fundamentally, we conceive, build and scale peer-to-peer shopping applications that help people shop smarter and to find and acquire the things they’ll love.
Demand.io is a product-led SEO company. Search is native to how we think about and design our products. Search is core to the e-commerce experience, spanning Google, YouTube, Tiktok, and native mobile and voice - our products naturally align themselves around search and search is baked into the DNA of our product UX and growth funnels.
We’re looking for a talented, motivated and experienced SEO practitioner to be our internal lead for all things search. Part growth marketer, part product leader, part strategist, and part technical SEO - we’re looking for a polymath (a “deep generalist”) who’s fluent across a range of disciplines and knowledge domains, operating under the north star of driving organic search performance.
In this role, you’ll partner with our Product, Brand and Growth teams to drive search performance across our network by articulating our SEO product strategy, building and driving the SEO roadmap, and leading on-page and off-page optimization across our properties. Our network includes SimplyCodes (simplycodes.com), the first truly community-powered coupon utility, driven by crypto and blockchain, Knoji (knoji.com), our legacy shopping discussion platform undergoing a re-imagination as a web3-driven shopping community with shared ownership and incentives, and Favely (favely.com), an emerging creator marketplace aimed at cultivating long-term brand-creator ambassadorships. As a startup studio, we also incubate new concepts, so you will be involved in the ideation, brainstorming and search strategy formulation for new concepts in the web3 commerce space.
A little more about us. We’re a lean team of passionate technologists and product leaders working as a close-knit group to build new, innovative services that make everyday shopping tasks easier for consumers. With 60 employees worldwide and a small senior leadership team based at our headquarters in West LA, we operate a network of apps that serve millions of users and drive over a billion dollars of e-commerce transaction volume annually. We run as an equity partnership, offering outsize compensation packages through profit-sharing to senior management. Creating strongly aligned incentives for our employees, stakeholders and communities has been critical to our success - it’s part of our DNA.
What you’ll do:
- Be our leading internal voice on search and SEO. You’ll advise and inform our processes around product strategy planning and ideation, product design, growth marketing and revenue optimization.
- Your primary mission will be to improve organic search visibility across our network of applications, including SimplyCodes, Knoji, Favely, and new products in incubation.
- Build and own the SEO product strategy and roadmap. For each product, craft and communicate the SEO strategy, identify key metrics and track against those. Collaborate with Product to build your roadmap and integrate into the product backlog. Be our internal advocate for SEO priorities and ensure product design and architecture is maximally SEO performant.
- Perform competitive analysis, technical site audits, keyword research, to continuously identify trends, surface actionable insights to stakeholders and incorporate them in our SEO roadmap strategy.
- Ensure technical site signals are optimized. Run site audits, monitor Google Search Console, optimize sitemaps, develop internal linking policies, improve our signals around site performance, Core Web Vitals and UX.
- Content marketing & link acquisition. Based on our topical ranking goals, build content strategies, build and run a content team, and produce world class content that performs, gaining links, mentions and PR visibility.
- Backlink portfolio optimization. Continuous execution of creative link building campaigns and link acquisition programs. Management of disavow files. Ensure we have a healthy link portfolio over time.
- Information architecture & internal keyword optimization. Partner with our UX and content operations teams to optimize our commerce taxonomy and categorization and tagging systems for discoverability and SEO ranking goals.
- Pan-platform SEO. Think through our cross-platform SEO architecture and strategy across user touch points including native mobile (in-app), web, Google, YouTube, TIkTok, voice assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant), mobile OS (iOS, Android), and app store / ASO.
- Internationalization & localization. Build SEO strategy and execution plan for international country launches, spanning web, app stores, content marketing and social.
- Run organic growth experiments. Continuous split testing, CRO, collaborate with performance and social teams, informing search components of strategies.
- Monitor and report on SEO KPIs and performance across technical, on-page, off-page and rankings signals.
- 8+ years in SEO management. In-house experience within a product-led SEO organization is a strong plus.
- Strong product strategy and UX sense. Far beyond working on basic content sites, you'd be comfortable working on rich crowdsourcing applications built around natural language, long-tail SEO strategies spanning mobile, extension, web and voice user touch points. You have a strong UX and product sense and can communicate fluently with Product, Design and Growth teams to articulate a unified product strategy including SEO considerations.
- Basic product management proficiency. Experience building and executing product roadmaps and backlogs. Ability to collaborate with engineers, write requirements and stories and work within an agile project management environment.
- Fluency with technical SEO and analytics tools including Botify, Deep Crawl, Screaming Frog, Bright Edge, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- Content marketing mastery. Ability to build and lead a world class content team and executing complex content strategies spanning multimedia, interactive, and social channels.
- Experience managing large websites (500K+ pages, 10MM+ monthly uniques), optimizing sitemaps, crawl budget, indexing policies, internal linking policies and operations, disavow files, and Core Web Vitals across a high production environment.
- You're comfortable working with emerging SEO concepts. Starting with the modern SEO stack emphasizing branding, core value proposition, UX and conversion optimization, you go further to track emerging trends like voice, AI, blockchain, community / gamification, mobile, location and A/R, ascertaining their impact and layering into your overall SEO vision for each product.
- You’re ready for a significant new challenge and career growth opportunity, working with highly talented and passionate people in an unstructured, non-hierarchical, dynamic environment with aligned incentives. You’re ready for a seat at the executive table, ready to bring your experience and expertise to bear to help the company at a strategic level.
- You’re also ready to build your career success and financial picture through Demand.io’s equity partnership providing you with a share of our success, to which you’ll be a major contributor.
About the job:
- Annual compensation (VP): ~$300K, includes base and monthly profit-sharing with annual increases.
- Stock options: 0.25% to 0.50% initial grant
- Next-generation office campus with ideation, brainstorming and recreation facilities and a dedicated product design studio and a creator studio / filming space. Exquisite design with sweeping views of the ocean to downtown LA.
- All meals provided free daily, fully stocked kitchen with free food, snacks, coffee and drinks.
- Regular team building events and activities.
- Comprehensive health coverage (executive PPO, HMO options), dental, vision coverage, paid 100% for all your dependents.
- Sponsorship for all ongoing education, courses, books and professional certifications.
- Flexible, high trust work culture. Unlimited PTO.
Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion. Demand.io believes diversity, equity and inclusion are paramount to building a meaningful company and culture. We’re committed to cultivating a safe and open environment for all voices to contribute.
More at https://demand.io.Register to Apply
Please let Demand.io know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg