Guest Services Supervisor (CRYPTO.COM ARENA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
CRYPTO.COM ARENA has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks – CRYPTO.COM ARENA has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004, 2011 & 2018 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 18 of the last 20 GRAMMY Awards shows. CRYPTO.COM ARENA’s nineteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena’s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none.
The Guest Services Supervisor I is responsible for providing excellent guest service at all Crypto.com Arena, Microsoft Theater, and L.A. LIVE events while supervising Guest Services Team Members (Ushers/Ticket-Takers and Guest Service Representatives). The Supervisor is expected to establish and maintain good working relationships with building personnel, guests, visitors, and vendors.
Staff Supervision 40% Daily
- Assign Team Member deployments.
- Assign and monitor appropriate rest/meal breaks.
- Assign and monitor necessary equipment.
- Actively monitor Team Member interactions with guests at all times to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Team Members.
- Provide timely and appropriate coaching to Team Members on performance, both positive and corrective, using the “Situation, Impact and Alternative” guidelines.
- Effectively communicate escalated Team Member issues to Guest Services Management.
- Administer appropriate disciplinary documents as needed to ensure compliance of Crypto.com Arena, Microsoft Theater and L.A. Live company/department policies in accordance with the SEIU Local 1877 Union contract.
- Monitor and document Team Member tardiness and administer appropriate disciplinary documentation.
Guest Services 25% Daily
- Resolve ticketing issues.
- Accommodate guests with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Assist guests with directional and informational inquiries.
- Serve as escalation point for guest complaints/issues.
- Assist and provide angry or emotional guests with recovery services as needed.
Intradepartmental Needs 15% Daily
- Monitor individual work emails frequently and respond as needed.
- Submit approved Incident Reports according to venue specific guidelines.
- Submit frequent Event Recap Reports, summarizing: Event, Team Member, Venue and Guest comments.
- Promote ENCORE|LA by becoming an ENCORE|LA advocate and champion for its core principles and values.
- Promote department specific safety trainings, including monthly Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) trainings.
Interdepartmental Communications 5% Daily
- Complete monthly Security Mentor lessons.
- Complete biennial Human Resources Harassment training.
- Submit Work Orders according to venue operational needs.
Time Management Daily 10%
- Effectively manage time to ensure all event related tasks are completed prior to the conclusion of each shift.
- Complete Rest/Meal breaks in accordance with California Labor Laws.
- Submit reports (i.e. Work Orders, Incident Reports, Event Recaps) in a timely manner.
Special Projects 5% Daily
- Assist Guest Services Management team with special projects/tasks as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Available to work at least five (5) events per week, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong teamwork etiquette and relationship-building skills
- Able and willing to adapt to changes in nightly assignment
- Able to maintain Guest, Team Member and Company confidentiality
- Able to move about throughout a shift, stand or remain in a stationary position (e.g., when assigned to a station or post) for multiple hours (4-6 hours per shift), and lift or move/position items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Strong decision making skills
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays, as scheduled
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Previous experience working in a similar facility environment
Register to Apply
Supervisor will maintain a neat and professional appearance that conveys professionalism at all times, whether in the office or out of the office, particularly during events
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)
Please let Crypto.com Arena know that you found this job role on CryptoJobs.gg